Why am I losing my USB source setting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I listen to my USB 95% of the time. It always worked perfect until yesterday. Every time I shut it off now, when you restart it is asking what source I want to use. Until now, if I was using my USB, it stayed on my USB and would go right back to the song I had playing. Any ideas what happened, or could have changed? I've done nothing with settings changes since this started to happen. Thanks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m thinking sync master reset.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really not sure but its an easy quick way to make sure the software is current. Cant recall how-to right now but it is in the settings somewhere in the touch screen. Update SYNC Software or something similar.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, thanks. I'll check that tomorrow and probably kill the battery for a while. It's getting annoying when you just stop somewhere for a minute and you have to **** around with the stereo for no good reason.

I just did the hold the power button and forward button until the screen flashes thing. Afterwards I powered the truck off & on a few times giving it a minute or 2 in between to test it out. So far, so good. I hope the fix was that easy! I'll see how it is when I'm out in it tomorrow. Is that the Sync Master Reset, or is that something different?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the same issue periodically. On my last oil change dealer couldn’t duplicate so of course they wouldn’t look into it further!