GEN 2 Why add an aftermarket exhaust on Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i have heard the flowmaster Flow FX. i hate the sound of it it in the higher RPMs... I also lost faith in Flowmaster years ago...when the mufllers rusted out after 2 years.. its just my Opinion and if you like it thats all that matters...

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think the ford perf exhaust by borla sounds the best. And the carbon tips look great

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes i have heard the flowmaster Flow FX. i hate the sound of it it in the higher RPMs... I also lost faith in Flowmaster years ago...when the mufllers rusted out after 2 years.. its just my Opinion and if you like it thats all that matters...

I live in the Houston area so I am not concerned about the cheaper stainless steel they use. We never see salt on the roads and I do not live close enough to the ocean to worry about it. Since you live in MD, I can see how rust would be a problem.

I am not sure what you mean about the higher RPMs, but mine sounds great with the SPD TAs and the MPT 93 PRX tune at all RPMs... :cool:

Last edited:

Foraye

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up my '19 SCREW last week...approaching 500 miles!

I stomped on it right after leaving the dealer and it got really loud, too loud for my taste. The last thing I'll be doing is removing any resonators, if anything I'd be searching for better sounding mufflers. The system is already free flowing as far as I see. Any exhaust mod will be less restrictive down pipes and Cats + quiet mufflers.

I'm a fox body 5.0 man, got my first one January 1988 and still have a 1988 ASC Maclaren. That era's 2 chambered Flowmaster's with catless 2 1/2" pipes was my choice and I regretted it on the highways, but loved it rowing through the gears. After that I went with Walker Dynomax Turbo mufflers on both turbo and supercharged mustangs.

JM2C!

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just reading thru this thread. I've got a 2019 802A. Definitely has the "fake engine noise". I turned that off in Forscan due to view that "why would I want fake engine noise". Surprisingly there is not a big difference in engine noise volume with the fake engine noise off or on, but the tone is significantly different. After having the fake engine noise off for the month or so I've had the truck, I'm thinking of turning it back on due to the engine sounding like ass.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept the stock exhaust but I added the Corsa resonator delete. I think it’s perfect. Very happy with how it sounds. It will never sound like a Gen 1. The resonator delete helped IMO.....