Why 8,200 lbs tow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will pull my motorcycle on a trailer. That is all I will need from a towing perspective.
Same for me. I need to be able to load my dirt bike in the bed, on the hitch hauler, or in a small enclosed trailer. Never anything too heavy!

I had a Superduty for the past 4 years and hauled over 5k pounds only 2-3 times and I could have paid an extra couple hundred dollars to have those items delivered. So, I think the Raptor will be fine for my use!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perfectly predictable response. I love guys that cry "ranting" or "complaining" on a forum. The literal purpose of a forum is to create discussions. You simply don't like what I'm saying and rather than have any independent thought process you spew "Super Duty"...what a dumb argument that's already been shat on everyone and anyone that wants to talk about anything but how awesome this truck is. My truck is LISTED as an F-150. I never expected a Super Duty. I got an El Camino... still probably a higher payload.
It’s a predictable response because it’s true. It’s nobody’s fault but your own that you didn’t read the payload or tow ratings before buying the truck.

Raptor is a purpose built specialty vehicle, not just a F-150 with an off-road package. If that’s what you were after you could have bought a standard F-150 FX4.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering why the Raptor is regulated to 8,200 lb tow capacity. Is it purely because the rear suspension is a bit softer?
Going all the way back to the OP ... the only reason it's that high is because the TRX specs 8100lb. Vs gen 2 at 8000lb. Without FCA playing specs bigger/badder/better than you games, the tow rating would have been 8000lb.

Some people go only by appearances. Maybe they can't read. Maybe they're lazy. Maybe they're stupid. Dunno. You can't fix stupid, but the other two are curable. Since the Raptor is built using F-150 body parts, those people think they can haul heavy loads. They would probably buy a $250k trophy truck desert racer built on an F-150 platform and complain about the same thing. And about not being able to pass smog or safety inspections.

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
It’s a predictable response because it’s true. It’s nobody’s fault but your own that you didn’t read the payload or tow ratings before buying the truck.

Raptor is a purpose built specialty vehicle, not just a F-150 with an off-road package. If that’s what you were after you could have bought a standard F-150 FX4.

You can ignore actual every day life if you’d like but the reality is that nobody buys this truck to simply bomb down dirt roads. If you can deal with it’s sacrifices, great! I personally think it’s an overpriced Jeep Gladiator.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can ignore actual every day life if you’d like but the reality is that nobody buys this truck to simply bomb down dirt roads. If you can deal with it’s sacrifices, great! I personally think it’s an overpriced Jeep Gladiator.
Wow, why do you think it’s smart to crap all over the truck we all dig on the forum dedicated to it?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are the travel numbers for the gladiator and what is its payload/towing numbers?

I wouldn’t say nobody buys this truck to bomb down dirt roads. I own a gen 1 and other than playing around in town it is an off-road toy. If I had it to do all over again I would have bought an F150 and went from there, but this truck gave me enough capability to decide to go further.

Just out of curiosity, would you sacrifice travel and ride for more capacity? Was it the looks that drew you in?

I don’t mean anything of this as an attack toward you either.

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
Wow, why do you think it’s smart to crap all over the truck we all dig on the forum dedicated to it?

For the most part I don’t. I only have about 100ish post in 2 years. And why not have honest discussions on a forum dedicated to the vehicle I own?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free