Why 8,200 lbs tow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
Too bad you didn’t stay away longer, all you’re doing is ranting. The truck’s payload and towing ratings are clearly published; if you didn’t look into that before purchasing, that’s your own fault.

I use my Raptor as a “truck” and it does everything I need it to do, including hauling building supplies, towing a car trailer, towing boats, etc. And it does all of that while riding smoothly, comfortably seating 5 people, and having the capability to tackle any off road situation. There is no “fail” in that, the only “fail” here is you buying a Raptor and expecting a Super Duty.
Perfectly predictable response. I love guys that cry "ranting" or "complaining" on a forum. The literal purpose of a forum is to create discussions. You simply don't like what I'm saying and rather than have any independent thought process you spew "Super Duty"...what a dumb argument that's already been shat on everyone and anyone that wants to talk about anything but how awesome this truck is. My truck is LISTED as an F-150. I never expected a Super Duty. I got an El Camino... still probably a higher payload.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, I haven’t been to this forum in almost a year and it’s great to see nothing has changed. Meat sticks talking about how “people just don’t understand the SUPERTRUCK” anytime it fails at being an actual truck.

Ive owned mine for about 2 years now and it will be sold as soon as I’m not upside down on it. The payload and towing capacity is a real problem that makes this full sized super crew “truck” useless. It fails at more things than it’s good at.

Here come all the nauseating replies …”shoulda bought a F250 blahhhhh.” My personal favorite is the ever so pompous “you bought a specialized vehicle, you don’t understand the purpose” (I just puked on my shoe typing that.) These dbags completely ignore the fact that their wife’s Sudan sitting next to the 20’x7.5’ crew cab has a higher payload. Put the family and a cooler in the truck to go to the beach and you have to leave the dog at the house. This thing is a pavement princess that can’t be used as an actual truck. Want to take it off-road? Better remove the spare tire so you can afford the weight of your gear. That’s practical!! Open the flood gates…:upyours:

Hey it’s all good brother. Your points are respected and listened too. But one has to do there homework and real world research before putting down there coin, on something they aren’t fully educated about. This doesn’t necessarily apply to only you, so let your skin be thick. But between manufacturer ratings online forums/reviews, ragazine reviews and etc. Someone today can easily find out what a vehicle is about before making that dive into it.

We all have heard of buyers remorse. Yeah it’s sucks.

Isn’t Sudan in the Middle East brother?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The internet is full of salty people posting about how their truck isn't rated for what they want to do with it.

If they'd admit they didn't know ****-all about trucks, and just bought the one that looked cool instead of ragging on the truck for not being what they imagined it would be, they'd get a lot less flak.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I owned a Swiss army knife once. You know what it was good for??

Not a damn thing!!! ******, knife, ****** scissors, ****** twizzers.......

Once I got a real knife, real scissors and a real set of twizzers I was a much happier person.

I have a Superduty to do super duty stuff
A Raptor does raptor stuff
And an SHO does SHO stuff

The raptor is not a good truck for what most think a truck is for, but a "real" truck is pretty **** poor in the whoops.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is not entirely true, trailer tow does not increase with truck length. fords ratings do not support that argument. View attachment 314274
For every argument there is always an exception. Here is what I read from your picture.
Max towing is available on the 4x2 supercrew 8' bed which would make that the longest wheel base.

A longer wheel base will handle the evasive maneuver part of the test better than a short wheel base, so that is my educated guess as to why the supercrew has a higher rating..

I was not there personally the day the test was done, so go ahead and come to your own conclusions.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is plenty capable for what is actually is: a dessert runner. Tbh I'm actually surprised the load rating isnt even lower but that's fords engineering for ya. The current specs allows anyone to pull a small camper, boat, or offroad trailer and still have room to boot.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
The raptor is plenty capable for what is actually is: a dessert runner. Tbh I'm actually surprised the load rating isnt even lower but that's fords engineering for ya. The current specs allows anyone to pull a small camper, boat, or offroad trailer and still have room to boot.
I know mine is an excellent dessert runner. Sitting here at Crumbl waiting on my chocolate chip cookies as we speak.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will pull my motorcycle on a trailer. That is all I will need from a towing perspective.