Why 700hp instead of 705hp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt that they could do it for that. 700lb is more than shortening a few bolts and it sounds like the low-hanging fruit has been picked. The heaviest components, the frame and the drivetrain, aren't getting a lot lighter for cheap.
Wanna talk about weight - wait till you see the ev truck weights. “muh low center of gravity”

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, EV is going to suck off road. Strictly a stop light hero kind of affair. A hybrid would be some better, but still a bit of a pig.
Diversity is valuable in life, that includes diversity in types of transportation too, lol. Call me nuts but I would prefer naturally aspirated V8 for offroad. Something from moruzzi if your buying…….

Last time I checked the EV truck from last year did not do so well in the San Felipe 250

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Diversity is valuable in life, that includes diversity in types of transportation too, lol. Call me nuts but I would prefer naturally aspirated V8 for offroad. Something from moruzzi if your buying…….

Last time I checked the EV truck from last year did not do so well in the San Felipe 250

Yes. Much like your stock portfolio, diversity is key. Same with energy. Can't just be in one fuel type.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone think the 3.5 Raptor will get a slight bump in power as well for the '23 model year?
It already did via programming they just didn’t report it, question is whether or not the RaptoR is also underrated from the factory…..

Ford reduced TQ mgmt & increased peak TQ available in lower gears & @ lower rpm thanks to the more forgiving coilover rear suspension, speed shops have shown gen3 Raptors dynoing stock 500-520tq to the wheels, makes it more like 650 @ the crank! Gen2s can yield similar w/ aftermarket tunes

I believe the HP was relatively unchanged I think dynos should 360-380s range?

I like the character of the 3.5 HO, & even if $$$ was no object or the 5.2 SC was only a small premium like $5k, I think I may still go w/ the ttV6 version lol.

The V8 will sound great & even more power is nice, but the power is all but useless on the street as a DD/cruiser except for the occasional highway on-ramp romp & it’s mostly useless offroad b/c that drivetrain will easily “outrun” they capabilities of the suspension.

Sorry, but while warranties are ok for peace of mind, many times you can wipe your ass w/ em & many times w/ performance vehicles there’s a tendency to mod/void em anyhow….so what needs to be said given these price points:

If im gonna be averaging 10mpg or less in a V8 offroad truck that costs $100k you better believe it’ll be in a sick restomodded square bod K-Blazer or a bronco, on 40”s w/ a nasty Chevy ZZ big block & full length headers…..& even w/ a top notch build should still have change left over vs ADM on either TRX or RaptoR

Milovaughn

Reaction score
Weight difference is 400 lbs but the 37s would compensate for the weight difference. They'll be very close overall but Ford would've advertised scary quick not scary fast if it was going to beat the TRX in straight line performance.

Raptor will be better offroad though likely. If they can keep the Gen3's offroad performance with the extra power, it'll be a really solid package.
Yes, all points addressed at the end of the day the Raptor is tried and trued. TRX has never been tested as much as the Raptor. It has a pedigree behind it. Also the Raptor has the option of 2 wd or 4x4 etc. Trx is all time 4x4 mode. I sold my gen 2 and been waiting for the release of the R. But I’m also Canadian we’ll see what Ontario does if there will be a mark up? If so I’ll go back to Fort McMurray and buy there again. Big Ford dealership in Alberta. They never marked it up. Cheers everyone from Canada