Why 700hp instead of 705hp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
This whole horsepower race is a joke. Who really needs a 700 up truck? I’m mean really! As long as buyers are willing to pay whatever absurd prices the manufacturers set, this whole fiasco will continue. As a Raptor owner I obviously also took the bait, although it’s a thought that doesn’t make me proud. I’ve been around long enough to know that no matter how fast your truck is, someone willing to part with more $$ can always have a faster one. So, whether 700, 705 or whatever is immaterial.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This whole horsepower race is a joke. Who really needs a 700 up truck? I’m mean really! As long as buyers are willing to pay whatever absurd prices the manufacturers set, this whole fiasco will continue. As a Raptor owner I obviously also took the bait, although it’s a thought that doesn’t make me proud. I’ve been around long enough to know that no matter how fast your truck is, someone willing to part with more $$ can always have a faster one. So, whether 700, 705 or whatever is immaterial.

The other “elephant in the room” is the fact that at the end of the day the RaptoR & TRX are “compromised” trucks in that - yeah they have crazy high Hp, but it not only doesn’t it NOT help payload/towing- they’re lower than the regular 1/2 tons & the MPG will be terrible. Meanwhile 2020+ 6.7L Ford SD’s are putting down mid/upper 500s whp & crazy 1200-1400rwtq #s w/ tune only & emissions crap intact. And they’ll tow/haul whatever ya want & rock a 37” tire no problem too

Sure they won’t ride as comfy or be as good offroad, but they’ll give a TRX or RaptoR a run in a straight line race.

BroncoBoy7914

Reaction score
The other “elephant in the room” is the fact that at the end of the day the RaptoR & TRX are “compromised” trucks in that - yeah they have crazy high Hp, but it not only doesn’t it NOT help payload/towing- they’re lower than the regular 1/2 tons & the MPG will be terrible. Meanwhile 2020+ 6.7L Ford SD’s are putting down mid/upper 500s whp & crazy 1200-1400rwtq #s w/ tune only & emissions crap intact. And they’ll tow/haul whatever ya want & rock a 37” tire no problem too

Sure they won’t ride as comfy or be as good offroad, but they’ll give a TRX or RaptoR a run in a straight line race.

Very good point. Not wanting to stir anything up, but I would bet these kits outshine a stock raptor 37 package in a few areas. This in my opinion, is really the ultimate daily driver setup that will any and everything you need it to do. I always hoped Ford would work with Carli to create a Super Duty Raptor. Maybe one day.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford already had the truck EVERY truck company wanted since it was released.
Chevy is putting a “serious off road” package out there and we all know the TRX. THe last think ford needed to do is say we have x more horsepower so we are better. No they will put out a product which will continue the Raptor legacy. So they won’t brag about 700 being higher then the TRX until it is dyno’d and the 700 becomes 725 Un-officially.

When I have a TRX pull next to me at
A stop light, he/she/they/duck what ever always pulls off like we are racing or always makes sure they are just ahead no matter. There are about 5 different TRX which I have encountered and it is always the same. I can’t wait to see how the TRX acTs when the R pulls up