Who's Running Open Country RT 37's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakehobbs

Reaction score
...and whos got photos they are willing to share?!

Im at the point where my 35 12.50 17 Nitto Trail Grapplers are pretty much toast. I've been having an inner battle on what to replace them with. Not just tire model but size as well. I was originally thinking about just running the Nittos again, but ive been thinking heavily about 37's lately, and I want something with a less blocky tread pattern....this is what led me to the design of the RT's. I started doing some research on here on what it would take to run them with stock suspension(on mid perch of course). I have found some great information, thanks to all of you guys for sharing. The thing that seems to be a common theme is that 37's with stock suspension yields different results based on the tire and wheel combo. The wheel offset is one variable, and actual real-life tire measurement being the other.

I dont do as much sprited off road driving as I'd like, so clearing theses tires with bottomed out suspension is not as much of my goal as most. What I'm concerned with are what the day to day issues I would have running them, and what do I absolutely have to modify in order to not have daily clearance issues?

Things to note and questions
- Tires will be mounted on Method standards
- The RT's were my choice based on a more hybrid tread pattern, less noise, and hopefully better performance on the few snow days up the canyon.
- I already ordered them, because I know they will fit based on info from the forum, just want to know if I absolutely need to hammer the pinch welds and trim the front inner fenders
- I got them in a 12.50 as opposed to a 13.50. Will they be pizza cutters compared to my 12.50 Nitto's that measure closer to a 13.50?
- Can anyone share photos and first hand experience if you have this same application?

Thank you guys!

Here is my current setup with worn out 35's.

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 896

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running a set of the 37s for a while, still stand behind my original opinion of these tires in my review here: Tire Review: Toyo Open Country R/T - race-deZert.com

My '14 that saw much the same kind of off-roading as you describe here did just fine on mid perch with the geiser progressive springs (top perch height overall). If you never bottom the truck, you will be fine on top perch with no trimming. Pics in the RDC link!

Now running them on the '10 with glass and hammered pinch welds and they work great there too!

Last edited: