Whooshing brakes after midperch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfnbrett

Reaction score
Just did the mid-perch mod tonight and I love the looks and how it sits! However, there is now a weird whooshing sound as the wheel spins that Is coming from the brakes? Sounds like metal on metal sliding over each other. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Thanks

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
try driving a little bit. Did you remove the brakes when you did the mid- perch? Could be the caliper needs to adjust itself or the pad is loose, making contact with the rotor.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated above - bent dust shield. I just swapped out my shocks (as you'd do for mid-perch) and bent my shield a little bit putting the new ones back in. When you do it, it's easy to see how it would happen, but I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say, JUST happened to me. I had the whooshing and a squeal at full right turn. I had to get back in there anyway for some stuff and found it. Easy fix, I just bent it back with my hand. You should be able to just reach around and bend it back without even taking the wheel off. It shouldn't take much, just yank it a bit until it moves slightly. There is no precision.