Who wants to bet they stick with Fox Shocks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people looking for a halo truck will compare both. 98% of TRX's and Raptor's won't be going off-road or used as intended. The Raptor has the handling & weight advantage along with Ford competing in off-road racing, the TRX has straight line performance.

I could have purchased a TRX 10%-12% off of MSRP so it would be close to the price of a Raptor. I would have had the TRX in 8-14 weeks and a VIN within 2 weeks of ordering. I tried switching back to Ram after 4 years of Fords, I don't like the electronic architecture, I don't like the glitchy Uconnect5 which is on its 4th or 5th update. I will shame a TRX at the mall crawler annual convention.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about the current Raptor suspension puts it in the ’starbucks ready’ category? :rollfro:

Look at how many here on FRF have admitted to buying & owning one maybe?
Every TRX sold is potential Raptor sale lost. Every one. The truck’s stated target was the Ford F150 Raptor so, not to be rude or anything but how can you conclude the TRX hasn’t impacted Raptor sales?

Sure, every current Raptor is accounted for, but it’s been a partial first MY delivery, that, let’s be honest, has been a “development opportunity” or a “rebuilding season” for Ford. ’22 is the first full MY for the Jen Tres. Can you imagine what trying to buy a Raptor in ’21-’22 would have been like if there weren’t a TRX?

This assumes that the market size for Raptor/TRX is set and was not impacted by the introduction of the TRX in any way. There were surely a lot of Ram fans, or V8 fans, who got into a TRX that never would have considered the Raptor. There are also a ton of Raptor Gen 2 owners who moved to TRX who never would have gotten into a Gen 3. And how many people never really considered either of these trucks, but got wind of the Raptor/TRX 'war' and decided to join in. Honestly, I just don't think you can assume that hypothetical Raptor sales would have dropped if there was no supply shortages to deal, as there are way too many other factors to deal with.

Looking at a different case, I don't think you can say that every Bronco sale is a lost Wrangler sale, as the introduction of the Bronco brought in a ton of customers who would have never purchased a new Wrangler.

Related, we've often said that competition is good for the consumer. Besides having more options, auto makers are forced to innovate, rather than stay stagnate and satisfied with the market they own. Don't you think that innovation will get more people interested in the market?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fox shocks are very good. Kings are great too. Once you get into the 3 inch realm. Bilsteins are kinda meh tier honestly. So yea i would hope the fit fox shocks. The raptor is specail in and of itself because of how good it rides. Much better than most any truck out there, even on leafs.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the current Raptor suspension puts it in the ’starbucks ready’ category? :rollfro:

Look at how many here on FRF have admitted to buying & owning one maybe?
Every TRX sold is potential Raptor sale lost. Every one. The truck’s stated target was the Ford F150 Raptor so, not to be rude or anything but how can you conclude the TRX hasn’t impacted Raptor sales?

Sure, every current Raptor is accounted for, but it’s been a partial first MY delivery, that, let’s be honest, has been a “development opportunity” or a “rebuilding season” for Ford. ’22 is the first full MY for the Jen Tres. Can you imagine what trying to buy a Raptor in ’21-’22 would have been like if there weren’t a TRX?
I wish Ford would release individual figures on Raptor sales, as opposed to lumping them all together. That way we could see the impact of the TRX since it was released. From my casual reading of the posts about the TRX owners here, some bought to tide them over until their orders come in, some did it for the money, some did it for fun to see what its like, but theyre on FRF cause they had or are still going to own one (I guess you can toss a couple of trolls in there too lol). Also remember that some people out there are strictly "RAM" guys and wouldnt touch a F series with a 20ft pole and vice versa. So there will be some that bought a TRX and would not have seriously looked at the Rap anyways.

For fun though I'll drop the sales figures of each brand to ponder over. Now I see why the F series is the best seller every year by a long shot.
1643380693308.png1643380712636.png

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish Ford would release individual figures on Raptor sales, as opposed to lumping them all together. That way we could see the impact of the TRX since it was released. From my casual reading of the posts about the TRX owners here, some bought to tide them over until their orders come in, some did it for the money, some did it for fun to see what its like, but theyre on FRF cause they had or are still going to own one (I guess you can toss a couple of trolls in there too lol). Also remember that some people out there are strictly "RAM" guys and wouldnt touch a F series with a 20ft pole and vice versa. So there will be some that bought a TRX and would not have seriously looked at the Rap anyways.

For fun though I'll drop the sales figures of each brand to ponder over. Now I see why the F series is the best seller every year by a long shot.
View attachment 339157View attachment 339158
Looks like Ram is picking up more customers than Ford is picking up more customers in the last few years.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ram is picking up more customers than Ford is picking up more customers in the last few years.
I think some of that has to do with the redesign and the new interior, a lot of older owners probably upgraded. I had a buddy that bought 3 rams in 2 years lol. Went from a 1/2T, to a 1T and then back to a Ram Classic

Corona since you're in the thread, heres the sales figures for us. I always laugh when I see US vs Canadian sales figures, the difference is so huge.
1643381760230.png1643381745458.png

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think some of that has to do with the redesign and the new interior, a lot of older owners probably upgraded. I had a buddy that bought 3 rams in 2 years lol. Went from a 1/2T, to a 1T and then back to a Ram Classic

Corona since you're in the thread, heres the sales figures for us. I always laugh when I see US vs Canadian sales figures, the difference is so huge.
View attachment 339161View attachment 339160
Well Ford is Canada's #1 truck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would hope that none of the suspension comes from the regular raptor, what's the point of having an R if it's all the same, this better be Race ready not Starbucks ready out of the showroom floor.
Seems like it needs to be race ready if it has 700hp. The current design outruns the suspension, at least gen 2 does. I suspect that gen 3 does too or has no margin. Plus it really needs a cage if it's going to be driven hard. Remember all of the Ford customers that killed themselves when the 427 Shelby Cobra came out?

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is the R will incorporate the Fox live valve X2 technology that controls rebound and compression, but will be similar to the standard Gen3 other than that