GEN 2 Who says it can't be a work truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zackcp04

Reaction score
I flip houses on the side and people think I'm an idiot for getting a Raptor...

To be honest, I had my first scare the other day.. went to purchase 400 sqft of porcelain tile. While it was getting forked into my truck... I realized that it actually may be too heavy because while the fork wasn't even finished dropping, wheel wells were almost to the tires.

I asked them to stop and looked up the load capacity.. 1200lbs :O , the tile was over 1800lbs + the other stuff we had bought (mortar)! I was like.. hmm, we'll make it two trips. :D

IMG_20200212_132116.jpg

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used mine for work in Telecom building new sites for one of the top 3 carriers and it's done just fine in all kinds of conditions off-road. Unfortunately, I was laid off 2 weeks ago but the up-side is I'm not racking up a bunch of miles on it anymore.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will the Deavers allow more load capacity, or just keep it from sagging?
Both- although I still wouldn’t suggest pushing the payload limits much more than the suggested 1200ish....if it were me w/ Deaver +3 HDs is probably have no issue w/ 1500 lb loads on the reg- my understanding is also that the beefier leaf springs will just save the shocks from excessive wear if you are going to be pushing the payload to the max on a regular basis. If it was once in a while I probably wouldn’t bother (although the deavers also help tighten up the ride & reduce axle hop)

I just like the idea of keeping the burden on the shocks on the lower side b/c they’re a big part of what makes the raptor a raptor & contribute big time to the smooth ride - & the factory even recommends rebuilding em @
Like 55k miles even in normal use I believe. Not to mention rebuilding/replacing them isn’t cheap.

Last edited: