Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Who have Wrapped their truck and how much it cost??

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by SexyAvalancheGrey, Jun 20, 2019.

1. No Clue

No Clue Member

Yes. It depends on the severity of the pinstripe. I'm guessing that can mean something different to each person. To me it's a marring of the clear coat and not a scratch, a scratch that you can feel by dragging your fingernail across it.
    All you gotta do is use the least abrasive means, like a polishing compound, and they come out with very little effort.
    I don't know how long, but I had my Wrangler for 6 years with lots of time on the trails and I never reached the base coat.

2. BIG TIME BALLER

BIG TIME BALLER Full Access Member

$3.5k, $5k, $7k... damn, that’s s lot of money for paint pro on a Ford truck.

Everyone here paid up for the truck itself. I refuse to put any more (irrecoverable) money into it.

It’s like keeping it fresh for the next guy... who just says thanks, but the resale value is the same with or without.

Maybe... if you’re taking about a color change... idk.

3. wkasak_17Raptor

wkasak_17Raptor Member

Some people are referencing vehicle vinyl wrap and others are referencing clear paint protection film (PPF). There is a difference in material, installation, and cost between the two. PPF will cost about 2x what normal wrap costs. For a quality vehicle color change vinyl wrap job for a big truck like the Raptor's expect to pay in the $3500-5000 range. If you were to PPF the entire truck it would easily be $6-8k. PPF is just more expensive, thicker, and takes more time to install correctly. Most people only us PPF on areas subject to rock chips and road debris. Some people (like me) do both ;)

4. goblues38

goblues38 Full Access Member

That is like $759 american right :)

two0seven and Kahuna like this.
  5. salts001

salts001 Full Access Member

3 different light settings

77778F5E-49D1-4797-88BC-CBFC7D86C95B.jpeg 3C1A52F4-EC2C-4DCF-8FFF-98906D2BB1AA.jpeg 46304248-1898-4FCE-9E31-DA91F1CCA442.jpeg

6. Krillin

Krillin Full Access Member

Pretty damn close LoL 750 rounded

Kahuna likes this.
  7. Damien Macaluso

Damien Macaluso Member

Same wrap and price for me

8. Carlos M

Carlos M Full Access Member

All these wraps look amazing but how do you deal with chips? Unless you do not really take it offloading I assume the wrap will get damaged? Or besides protecting the paint is it a shield that never gets any damage?
    I need some education on the topic.