who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My version says 2.0 and the ford owner page connected to my VIN says I have the latest version? Feels like I am a couple versions behind here but according to ford I have the latest?

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My version says 2.0 and the ford owner page connected to my VIN says I have the latest version? Feels like I am a couple versions behind here but according to ford I have the latest?

2.2 is definitely available at least from the dealer (that's what mine came with) the 3.0 is a version that was released from a source but not from Ford, it's a download at your own risk type of deal.

4x4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone any success running this with android auto?

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.2 is definitely available at least from the dealer (that's what mine came with) the 3.0 is a version that was released from a source but not from Ford, it's a download at your own risk type of deal.

Anyone have a link? The only one I saw in this thread didnt seem to work for me.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll wait for the over wifi update. Not going to trust some random link posted by someone to install an OS update [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I threw caution to the wind and it worked fine.

I’ll wait for the over wifi update. Not going to trust some random link posted by someone to install an OS update [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine says 2.2 is the latest version and won’t let me update.

Did you ever solve this? Mine said "Update Successful" and would prompted me to remove the USB drive, but after a couple restarts is still showing v2.2.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever solve this? Mine said "Update Successful" and would prompted me to remove the USB drive, but after a couple restarts is still showing v2.2.

I gave up. I followed the instructions to the letter and the truck wouldn’t recognize the USB even after I reformatted the USB and tried it two more times.