who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how to update can someone explane from the start.do you have to buy something to do it?

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not compared to the cost of the newer maps for the sync system :p

ohhh you have no idea how convenient it is to have updated nav maps in sync3 lol...not having to rely on your phone just gives more room to breathe :mwah1:

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SYNC[emoji768 said:
3;1257747]SYNC 3 Nav Maps are officially out for purchase at $150, need VIN and ESN to purchase

Part Number is VJJ5Z19H449A SYNC 3 USB W/ License file NA1.16 1

I went to my dealer and they did not have a clue on how to order it.. I provided the part number above, my VIN and SYNC ESN Serial number and my dealer tried and was not successful.. went to a second dealer and got the below, saying that my vehicle had the latest map version which is 1 15 (2015 version).. then called Ford Sync and they had NO CLUE!! They kept transferring me to ford.navigation.com which states that they can not provide this map update and that it must be ordered from a dealer!! This new system sucks and Ford Sync customer service sucks even more!!

4354f538c3b1c1dc5ea978bed8749444.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
or you could save the $150 and just use a smart phone map system until Ford acquiesces to the lifetime provided maps model, like others have done.

I spring for gps maps when I know I’m going to be driving in Europe, but honestly I think next time I’ll just rely on the phone. I was pretty let down by Garmin in Ireland, and a few remote areas of Scotland. mainland Europe maps were more accurate IMO.

$hit for a buck fiddy, you can buy a brand new Garmin with everything and lifetime maps, and have money left over. or save up for a smart phone. We’re going to have to get used to that anyway because Sync3 will probably EOL before most of us offload our Raptors.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealer and they did not have a clue on how to order it.. I provided the part number above, my VIN and SYNC ESN Serial number and my dealer tried and was not successful.. went to a second dealer and got the below, saying that my vehicle had the latest map version which is 1 15 (2015 version).. then called Ford Sync and they had NO CLUE!! They kept transferring me to ford.navigation.com which states that they can not provide this map update and that it must be ordered from a dealer!! This new system sucks and Ford Sync customer service sucks even more!!

4354f538c3b1c1dc5ea978bed8749444.jpg

bro whats the link below there i cant see

MurMech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the files from the ford website and than followed the instructions from it. I put it on a usb and installed it.

ckelly33

Reaction score
I just chatted w Ford Sync support over the whole download nag. They told me if I turn off automatic updates, it will be fixed .... wow.

I told them that I came into the chat session with enough technical knowledge to know that if something was malfunctioning and I never turned it on, it wouldn't malfunction.

In addition, there is not ETA for a fix.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the Sync 3 Map Update from Ford... So far so good:
b8a04406ec80563321062d12c2cef44b.jpg