Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Who else financed their Raptor?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by RaptorMaryland, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Pausekey

Pausekey Member

Financed. With an interest rate of just over 2% it would be foolish to lay out that much cash all at once and forego the chance to make more off investments. Even a very conservative portfolio with something like treasury bonds will out perform that 2%. And at my age, with an aggressive portfolio, I stand to gain far more.

Now I can see how with a high trade in some folks just pay off the difference to save themselves the hassle of dealing with a loan. However I kept my car to use as a daily driver, so I was on the hook for the full amount of the truck.

Unrelated to trucks, the OP is right about making the most of the economy and tax rates. Just about every Dem candidate has indicated they want to end the current tax cuts. If you are young, and are not packing every possible cent into Roth 401ks or Roth IRAs that you can, then you are doing something wrong. Now is the time to take advantage of those great rates, before an administration change crushes the middle class. Not getting political, this is just a simple fact of the tax rates.

BIG TIME BALLER likes this.
  2. Christopher Manns

Christopher Manns Full Access Member

You know that tax law has been changed, you can only write off $750k used for, well, homes, personal expenses are no longer covered.

3. FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88 Full Access Member

Financed mine with only $1k down. $1300/mo payment. Yolo.

4. davidl81

davidl81 Full Access Member

Prepare for the flames! (Although this forum is not as bad as the Corvette forum, those people think you are the scum of the earth if you finance a car).

5. FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88 Full Access Member

Oh I know, I'm sure I will be bombarded haha.

6. Jace21583

Jace21583 Full Access Member

Yup and having a raptor sitting in your driveway is a home improvement

K223, Christopher Manns and davidl81 like this.
  7. ademarco

ademarco Full Access Member

I used the money to put down on rental property and the truck and rentals are being paid down by the renters. Tax laws favor those that own property and run businesses. $750k is new law for owner occupied after a certain date, but does not include residential or commercial rentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgertits likes this.
  8. Joph

Joph Full Access Member

paid cash.

tomahawk, Crunchtime2k and Badgertits like this.
  9. Sliksunny

Sliksunny Member

Excellent credit was quoted 5.99% by ford finance today said no offers on raptors I would qualify for 0% on any other non performance vehicle.

Is this true? Local credit unions are at 3.5 I think rates are gonna drop. Do you guys think ford will run financing specials? Have they in the past ?

10. davidl81

davidl81 Full Access Member

You never get a special rate on the Ford Performance vehicles , no matter how good your credit is. I think the lowest rate from Ford is that 5.99 rate. I went through my credit union and it was the lowest rate I could find. I think it was also 3.5

K223, Sliksunny and waveslayer like this.