Who Doesn’t Love Cold Starts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oafy44

Reaction score
As of right now I don’t. I have the muffler rattle. Waiting for ford to come out with a “fix” by September. Looks like we will have a fix in 6 days!!! even tho they can’t even make Ford emblem badges right now with 40k trucks parked waiting for various parts

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Same issue here. I switch the exhaust mode to quiet or Baja right after starting so my $80k truck doesn't sound like an old hooptie.

jjws1968

Reaction score
Ummmm thats not a rattle. Thats your exhaust working as designed clearing out the excess moisture. It will be there for the life of your truck. Sadly

baracus

Reaction score
I have a cold start rattle. Wasn't sure if it was widespread. Maybe your mic wasn't properly conveying the sound but mine sounds worse I think. I start my truck in quiet exhaust mode so maybe the rattle is relatively more prevalent than the actual exhaust in that situation. To me it sounds like something is broken and clanging around. It is pretty embarassing for an expensive luxury/performance vehicle