Who buys a raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They start substantially less.
And you can get $10,000 to $12,000 off of an order at a number of high-volume dealers around the country. Just takes a little research And willingness to buy out of state usually. I really like the GEN three raptors, but not Fords allocation system that is too pro dealer and a big detriment to the customers.

Last edited:

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you can get $10,000 to $12,000 off of an order at a number of high-volume dealers around the country. Just takes a little research And willingness to buy out of state usually. I really like the GEN three raptors, but not Fords allocation system that is too pro dealer and a big detriment to the customers.
They start substantially less.
Yes you guys are right. BTW TRX seems to get a huge price bump recently and now it starts at $85k (I remember 21 only starts at ~70k). Another judge for R’s sticker price may be the $150k Escalade V.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
2023 loaded TRX already exceeds 100k…

You‘re 100% correct. In theory this truck could be had for closer to $100,000 if ordered with certain dealers. The question that follows is if you can get an R at MSRP, is it worth the extra $10,000ish difference? In reality I think the R is going to cost at least $150,000 with ADM’s.
4051D051-0E66-499A-A66B-F02F7A1874D3.jpeg73C63C95-8477-4BA5-BF0F-946F2D9F282E.jpeg

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$50k?? Lol, MFers in Vegas are paying $100k over!! Un-Fning-Believable!

Vegas is bonkers. People drop $100k on one night of clubbing. Or leave a $100k+ tip ... You think any of them wouldn't spend $200k for a pickup truck if they felt like it? And trade it in a week later for $100k? It means as much to them as $50 means to you.

Exactly. Take that dude on the internet who just got arrested for **** and trafficking, Andrew Tate, someone I’ve never heard of, though not at all surprising. He started a monthly subscription service to supposedly teach how to get rich. He charged $49.99 a month and had 170,000 subscribers. That’s $6.7 million a month. A f’in month. You think paying 100k over sticker means anything to people with that kind of ‘scarole?

BCRAZY

Reaction score
Disappointed in the R, I would have liked to see something different and more special for the $... I'm happy with my GEN3 for now and not paying crazy ADM. Maybe when they come down I would consider the R.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to who the Raptor R demographic is and how they intend to use the truck?
Small business owner with some success. Had a Rousch Supercharged Gen 1, currently have a Goosetuned Gen 2 and have a dealer that offered me an R at MSRP. (Sorry, they're sold out) No desert around here and the trails are for ATV sized vehicles; so it will be 90% street, 5% Dirt Roads and 5% snowstorms.

Edit: Fixed typos.

Last edited:

RDT-G23

Reaction score
I'm amused at the comments to this thread, though not at all offended. I suppose I don't fit many of the aforementioned descriptions. I'm a 56 y/o male who has met all of his life obligations and likes hot rods of all types. I've never had a spray tan, but have plenty of pre-skin cancer issues from working my "A" off when I was a kid installing sprinkler systems in the sun. I couldn't care less about what others think of me, but revel in provoking folks-(see my avatar picture)...

RapGen

Reaction score
I own two small businesses and work my ass off. I put all of my time into my companies and didn’t have kids until I was 38. I have an R coming in soon.

I’ve owned a few Lariats, a 2011 Harley F150, a Platinum F150, then the Raptors. I had a loaded 2014 Raptor, then a 2017 Raptor, and now a 2021 37 Package.

I live in Louisiana so we don’t have a lot of sand but plenty of mud.

I took my Harley in the mud and it didn’t get stuck, even with the rubber band tires. I drove the 2014 Raptor to the Desert outside of Las Vegas the week I bought it. Then I brought it back home and took it in the much.

On day one, when I purchased the 2017 Raptor, a friend of mine and I took it in the mud late. It got stuck for a second, then it slowed the RPM down and crawled itself out of the mud. He was yelling at me the whole time, gun it, gun it! I told him I had the pedal all the way down but it’s not doing anything. Once the truck got unstuck, it revved back up and the fun was on.

I purchased the 2021 late in Feb of 2022. I didn’t have time to take it in the mud before I was approved for a 2023 Raptor R so I stopped driving it so much because I didn’t want to risk damaging it in anyway, thereby affecting the trade value.

I’ve always paid MSRP for my Raptors and never lost more than 10K on trade. They’ve been great trucks and I’m sure the R will be no different.

I will soon be a Raptor R owner and I don’t think I fit the list mentioned above.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my two R’s at 10k over each. It’s a business write off. Pay the government or get raptors, hmmm…
Loved my gen 1’s. Liked the electronic improvements in the gen 2 but hate the v6. I think the TRX saved the raptor. Competition forced Ford to up their game instead of going in the lame direction they were going, so I am thankful for the TRX.