Who buys a raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The way I see it, the demographic is whoever has a certain level of varying attributes high enough to qualify. Love/desire for the truck, disposable income, connections to get a good deal, and stupidity. I don't qualify. I have none of one of these categories, plenty of another and ok/mediocre of the other two. Enough to get a Raptor, but not an R.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They used the spot for the heated steering wheel instead of the 2wd button…

I‘m not sure why the TRX not having 2wd is an issue?
B/c it’s an obvious transparent admission that the drivetrain components are not fully up to task of handling all that hp/tq, Ford knew a dumbo owner of a Gen2 could potential damage the 1/2 shafts/diff on hard launches so dialed back the power early in the 1st few gears & cranked it back up & then some when they swapped to coil rear springs in the gen3 (altho the gen2’s seem to be holding up fine w/ tunes but that’s a different discussion) dodge/Mopar went into a lot more detail w/ durability of components mated to a hellcat engine & necessity for AWD in the grand Cherokee platform. Apparently they didn’t wanna spend the $$$ on the engineering or components necessary to make 2wd possible in TRX either.

The TRX w/ 700hp would be way more fun to drive on or off road if you could drive it in rwd only as you choose….if I need to extrapolate on this then, simply put, you’re doing it wrong.

The other super obvious reason why 2wd would be nice? MPGs….absolutely save serious gas NOT having to turn the front 35”s & diff/axles all the time. And you’d save that much more when road-tripping/towing - I do a 14 hr trip w/ my Raptor towing/hauling 2 waverunners, 2 kids, 2 dogs, a wife & all the gear for 2 week trip & if I were running in AWD the whole time I’d be pissing away 3mpg for sure

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
B/c it’s an obvious transparent admission that the drivetrain components are not fully up to task of handling all that hp/tq, Ford knew a dumbo owner of a Gen2 could potential damage the 1/2 shafts/diff on hard launches so dialed back the power early in the 1st few gears & cranked it back up & then some when they swapped to coil rear springs in the gen3 (altho the gen2’s seem to be holding up fine w/ tunes but that’s a different discussion) dodge/Mopar went into a lot more detail w/ durability of components mated to a hellcat engine & necessity for AWD in the grand Cherokee platform. Apparently they didn’t wanna spend the $$$ on the engineering or components necessary to make 2wd possible in TRX either.

The TRX w/ 700hp would be way more fun to drive on or off road if you could drive it in rwd only as you choose….if I need to extrapolate on this then, simply put, you’re doing it wrong.

The other super obvious reason why 2wd would be nice? MPGs….absolutely save serious gas NOT having to turn the front 35”s & diff/axles all the time. And you’d save that much more when road-tripping/towing - I do a 14 hr trip w/ my Raptor towing/hauling 2 waverunners, 2 kids, 2 dogs, a wife & all the gear for 2 week trip & if I were running in AWD the whole time I’d be pissing away 3mpg for sure
If you can drive the TRX off road (or on road driving like a 12 year old nut job) and not have fun, you're doing it wrong!

That said, I understand your points. An increase in fuel economy alone would be nice!