Who are these @$$holes paying crazy ADMs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonse

Reaction score
I've been calling around dealerships in Northern California. The ADMs are ranging from $10k to $40k. One dealership, Downtown Ford in Sacramento told me their initial allocation is already spoken for and everyone is at a $30k-$40k ADM. She told me I can get on a waiting list for the second round, but ADM is $30k-$40k. Who the hell is paying these crazy ADMs?

I'm a free markets guy, but these ADMs are insane. I suppose it's the jackasses (and big ballers into the 70s pimp blue interior) that are to blame. If they weren't willing to bend over and pay, the dealerships charging these stupid high ADMs would have no business.

Ford should distribute their allocation differently. Downtown Ford in Sacramento gets their allocation regardless of how stupid they peg their ADMs, which takes allocation away from decent dealers selling at (or slightly above) MSRP... so the decent dealers are always limited in allocation.

Who can hook me up with a decent dealership who's not price gauging? I'm willing to travel out of state.
I got my ‘19 at msrp and dealer removed the mark up at Vista Ford in Oxnard.

bmarco

Reaction score
I have bought my last 2 high demand vehicles in the midwest, live in AZ where Raptors also command high ADM's. Beat AZ prices by a lot, well worth the trip to go get them and drive home. Bought my GT350 from a dealer in MO who caters to farmers (said it was the only Mustang they had sold, only had one allocation of GT350) at slightly below MSRP when the typical ADM in CA/AZ was $20k. Likewise, bought my '18 Raptor $6k below MSRP from a dealer in Ohio when Raptors were commanding $20k MSRP in AZ.

gtirella

Reaction score
absolutely do not attempt to buy a raptor in CA. Back in Dec & Jan I talked to several CA dealers who would just casually tell me they needed $10-$15k more than anywhere else in the country. I ended up flying from Atlanta to Wichita KS to pick up a 2019 scab with 11k
miles for $64k.....which was average for Jan but looks like a steal right now. Best advice: don't make any major purchases for at least 2 years if you can hold out that long. The fed has printed way too much money and its going to raise the price of everything. Biden is Carter 2.0 the years 1976 to 1980 sucked and Biden is setting up 2020 to 2024 to be even worse......can't believe I'm going to have to live through stagflation again....

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought my last 2 high demand vehicles in the midwest, live in AZ where Raptors also command high ADM's. Beat AZ prices by a lot, well worth the trip to go get them and drive home. Bought my GT350 from a dealer in MO who caters to farmers (said it was the only Mustang they had sold, only had one allocation of GT350) at slightly below MSRP when the typical ADM in CA/AZ was $20k. Likewise, bought my '18 Raptor $6k below MSRP from a dealer in Ohio when Raptors were commanding $20k MSRP in AZ.
Bought my 2nd new Raptor (18') from Anderson Ford in Kingman for sticker because ADM's were 8K-20K at the time here in SoCal. Guess I should have driven a little further. Did your local dealer not like you?

Raptor R solution: Ford should install a loyalty policy, the more new Raptors you have owned the closer you move to front of the reservation (MSRP) line, then you go used and so on. After those orders are fulfilled then game on for leftovers!

OP
OP
Raptorius

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a year or so and buy at MSRP or below.
I'm talking with some dealerships in Texas. Good people, no BS, MSRP. I have family in Texas, so I'll just make a trip out of it. I don't want to give these @$$holes in California my money, even if it's a year or two from now at MSRP. I'd prefer my money went to people dealing decently from the start. Only problem is I'll eventually have to bring it into a local dealership for service.

Last edited:

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2019 802a with everything but the graphics package new at my local dealer in Maryland for $1k over invoice. I called and straight up said I want it at invoice because I can travel to NC or somewhere else for invoice. He countered at $1k over invoice and I went to the dealership that day to buy it.

Point is, call around and be willing to travel.

Last edited:

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been calling around dealerships in Northern California. The ADMs are ranging from $10k to $40k. One dealership, Downtown Ford in Sacramento told me their initial allocation is already spoken for and everyone is at a $30k-$40k ADM. She told me I can get on a waiting list for the second round, but ADM is $30k-$40k. Who the hell is paying these crazy ADMs?

I'm a free markets guy, but these ADMs are insane. I suppose it's the jackasses (and big ballers into the 70s pimp blue interior) that are to blame. If they weren't willing to bend over and pay, the dealerships charging these stupid high ADMs would have no business.

Ford should distribute their allocation differently. Downtown Ford in Sacramento gets their allocation regardless of how stupid they peg their ADMs, which takes allocation away from decent dealers selling at (or slightly above) MSRP... so the decent dealers are always limited in allocation.

Who can hook me up with a decent dealership who's not price gauging? I'm willing to travel out of state.
Dang, bought my 19 SCREW from Elk Grove Ford under MSRP when all others were getting 5 - 10k