Who’s sold their Gen 1 during this market and hates the decision they made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TannerK17

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To come back to this, I ended up trading in my ‘13 SCREW. It had 95K on it and I felt like if there was a time to keep the value, under 100K miles was when it was going to happen. After thinking it through and based on what I got for it on trade, it was the right decision for me. I loved my Gen 1 and it’s certainly not going to be my last Raptor, but for my current use and the application an F-150 with a 6-1/2’ bed was the right move. An Icon Stage 5 kit, wheels and tires are in the very near future and I feel like it’ll be a very capable truck for what I use it for!

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To come back to this, I ended up trading in my ‘13 SCREW. It had 95K on it and I felt like if there was a time to keep the value, under 100K miles was when it was going to happen. After thinking it through and based on what I got for it on trade, it was the right decision for me. I loved my Gen 1 and it’s certainly not going to be my last Raptor, but for my current use and the application an F-150 with a 6-1/2’ bed was the right move. An Icon Stage 5 kit, wheels and tires are in the very near future and I feel like it’ll be a very capable truck for what I use it for!
Pic?

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for giving this guy with over 20 years in IT a tip on how to search, but since I know absolutely nothing about the previous owner, I don't think it would help all that much. Plus, I did try a few very general searches with that neato thing you were mentioning.

I'll keep looking around and once I actually get the truck, maybe I'll have additional info to work on. Thanks for the warm welcome.

With your vast experience you've probably already tried but did you turn it off and on again? Usually works for me.

OP
OP
TannerK17

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• C95A1E20-9AC9-4480-B503-7D9347F35897.jpeg
    C95A1E20-9AC9-4480-B503-7D9347F35897.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 33

14 tuxblack raptor

Reaction score
I bought my 14' screw from private party back in 2018 for $40k w/ 50,000 miles on it (which is what carmax was offering), Icon dampers front and rear, wheels & tires, bumper & light bar all in brand new condition and babied on the highway. 75k miles now and KBB says around $44-45k on CA coast currently, so after taxes etc. def wouldnt be worth it for me to trade in or sell, I'd only end up spending more money. By far one of the most enjoyable vehicles to drive and it brings nothing buy joy to me. I don't think I'd ever get rid of mine, I only use it to drive to the beach or the desert. Nothing really replaces it other than a TRX but then I'd be out around almost another $50k and Ive driven one hard, its only really better at doing doughnuts or going fast in a straight line. Would much rather put that money towards more miles in the dirt and building the truck into the perfect purpose built vehicle for me.

IMG_5451.jpgIMG_5449.jpg

Last edited: