Who’s sold their Gen 1 during this market and hates the decision they made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two weeks after I bought my Raptor new in 2014, a dealer spotted it in our Lowe’s parking lot and offered me $10k over what I paid. I knew I had a keeper.
I’ve had my share of problems with the truck, which led me to start looking at new vehicles recently. The electric/hybrid options look interesting, but also very expensive.
I do plan to sell my Gen 1 at auction. After a complete restoration, adding a Roush, replacing worn/dented parts and considering inflation, I should get over $120k at the 2030 Mecum auction.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I don’t think by any means I have a collector. I just though 36 was a little low. But whatever 100k isn’t even attainable for me.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is my 3rd Raptor so I'd be lying if I said I never thought of trading it. But, as it's the 3rd Raptor, I keep on finding myself attracted to Raptors when I do let one go.

But now, with the vehicle shortage I just can't see anything worth trading my truck for, that isn't insanely expensive.

Increased trade value is pretty much countered by increased sale price.

36k trade in is/was low. I was offered 39k before summer with more miles at carmax and 41.4k with vroom.

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope and should have bought 3 more when I bought mine nearly 3 years ago. There are not many mass produced vehicles out there that hold their value this steady

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly haven't driven a truck I've liked more than my 2013 Terrain supercrew. I had a 2013 Limited before this and sold it to get into the Raptor. I've driven Gen 2's and just don't get the same feeling, and I honestly don't like the body style as much. Yes, they have some features that are nice, but for me they don't win over the 6.2 and the body style of the Gen 1. My friend has a 2020 TRD Pro with a bunch of stuff done to it and although it's nice, it's a 7 year newer truck with less features than my truck has. Also, a vehicle that's paid for is the best one!

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly haven't driven a truck I've liked more than my 2013 Terrain supercrew. I had a 2013 Limited before this and sold it to get into the Raptor. I've driven Gen 2's and just don't get the same feeling, and I honestly don't like the body style as much. Yes, they have some features that are nice, but for me they don't win over the 6.2 and the body style of the Gen 1. My friend has a 2020 TRD Pro with a bunch of stuff done to it and although it's nice, it's a 7 year newer truck with less features than my truck has. Also, a vehicle that's paid for is the best one!
my SE gets more attention than anything else I’ve owned. People love em. I really don’t think gen2s get that much attention around town.

jimjob

Reaction score
Just ordered @MSRP from Jacob @Lebonan Ford
'22 oxford White, 37, Roof
Holding onto my '14 Roush until dealer has a better idea on build date
Whats a fair asking price ?
2014 Roush 46K miles, Red, Flares Painted Red at Skillman, LineX, roof,
always dealer maintained, Brand New set KOs
Mint cond.
Jim