Who’s sold their Gen 1 during this market and hates the decision they made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at a gen3 yesterday and dealer offered me 36k for my 2014 Ruby SE Roush and I have 65k miles. That was a joke. I must have bad luck bc I wasn't blown away by that trade in offer. But I am in NOVA so there's that.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looked at a gen3 yesterday and dealer offered me 36k for my 2014 Ruby SE Roush and I have 65k miles. That was a joke. I must have bad luck bc I wasn't blown away by that trade in offer. But I am in NOVA so there's that.
That's a bad price? For a trade in on a 7 (possibly 8) year old truck with 65K miles, that seems like a good deal. Remember Roush wasn't a factory package, it's aftermarket.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Your trade value should be more like $52k. The Roush trucks command a premium over the regular Raptor… significantly more power with the blower and definitely more fun.
I watched a 14 Roush go for $57k at auction earlier this week. Wish I could have bought that one.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your trade value should be more like $52k. The Roush trucks command a premium over the regular Raptor… significantly more power with the blower and definitely more fun.
I watched a 14 Roush go for $57k at auction earlier this week. Wish I could have bought that one.
I honestly thought at least 40k on trade. 65k miles seems high but I’m the second owner and it’s about 8k a year which doesn’t seem bad even on these trucks. Regardless I’m happy with my truck. Probably do the rear stuff and get rid of the hop.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket parts don’t add value to vehicles. $57k is ridiculous for any Gen 1; a brand new Gen 3 is $64k.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the market demand is high enough in the gen 1s to keep the value high. It’s all covid pricing anyway, but the gen 1 prices seem to really be holding. It’s a surprising market that we have never seen before though. These Roush package trucks are really nice though… Roush did a great job on them, and it was a nice feature that included warranty too.

Iokepakai

Reaction score
Dealer Playing games !
Luv my Raptor hate my FRockimg dealer ! Truck has been sitting for a month waiting for them to fix their Fckup repair on the lead frame .
Shouldn't have a trans issue with only 65k miles on it ...Purchased the truck from them and they put me on the back burner..maybe its on purpose thinking I might trade it in with them for peanuts ..Well jokes on them will never go back to that dealership again even though they are the only game in town.. SO disgusted with their service,pretty much at their mercy !Made a complaint with Ford no progress what so ever.. Hopefully when its repaired and working like it should I will be a happy Raptor owner again ...Lord only knows how long its gonna take ....

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket parts don’t add value to vehicles. $57k is ridiculous for any Gen 1; a brand new Gen 3 is $64k.
A Roush Raptor is not exactly your typical "aftermarket parts" added to a vehicle. Roush develops half of Ford's performance lineup for them. If you really think a Roush Raptor is worth no more than a standard one- then you really are a moron.

I had an offer of $52K for my loaded non-Roush Gen 1 back in August from a Ford dealer when we were picking up my wife's vehicle from service. That's in the midwest. I'm sure the numbers were higher on the coasts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Roush Raptor is not exactly your typical "aftermarket parts" added to a vehicle. Roush develops half of Ford's performance lineup for them. If you really think a Roush Raptor is worth no more than a standard one- then you really are a moron.

I had an offer of $52K for my loaded non-Roush Gen 1 back in August from a Ford dealer when we were picking up my wife's vehicle from service. That's in the midwest. I'm sure the numbers were higher on the coasts.
You’re talking out of your *** again as usual. Roush doesn’t develop Ford Performance vehicles, Ford engineering does. Roush is used as an outside firm for some prototyping and mules, they’re not engineering Ford vehicles :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

A Roush Raptor is 100% an aftermarket product. It leaves the Ford assembly line as a standard Raptor, gets shipped to Roush, and then gets upfitted with their aftermarket parts.