Who’s sold their Gen 1 during this market and hates the decision they made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a big range. I dont see it being anywhere near $25k though. I'm thinking closer to $40k with my mileage.
Hey, highly possible, I'm not a salesman, just an internet keyboarder giving my opinion. Only way to find out is to put it out there, lots of people would love to get into a low mileage gen 1.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sold my 2012 white crewcab with 63k miles for $42k. I did not want to sell it but had to due needing more money to finish my house. Cost of materials required me to sell and it happened to be at a good time with these crazy market prices.
I'm driving my wife's 2004 Toyota Sienna until we get this house complete and payoff debt, then will go back to Raptor or the new 2022 Toyota Tundra TRD.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just sold my 2012 white crewcab with 63k miles for $42k. I did not want to sell it but had to due needing more money to finish my house. Cost of materials required me to sell and it happened to be at a good time with these crazy market prices.
I'm driving my wife's 2004 Toyota Sienna until we get this house complete and payoff debt, then will go back to Raptor or the new 2022 Toyota Tundra TRD.
Private sale? What condition was your truck in?

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Private sale? What condition was your truck in?
Yes, private...posted on Facebook and within a few days a guy from Arkansas paid what I was asking. They flew down to Louisiana and drove it back and he loves it. It stickered for over $56k and I paid around $51k for it new. Pretty good investment for a 9 year old truck. Basically rented it for $1000/yr, or $83/month!

Condition was very good to excellent. No wrecks, and clean carfax. I don't know what the cost diff was between an ext. cab or crewcab, but if we're still in this crazy pricing I would think you could get a great price as they want low mileage and no wrecked Gen 1's.

Last edited:

Papapaul

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

We all know the current situation with new & used vehicles. That said I’m curious to see who has made a move selling their Gen 1 in this market and their thoughts afterwards. When I bought my Gen 1 in July of last year, I had zero intention of selling it and it was to be a long term vehicle for me. But, I also don’t think any of us saw this coming down the line either as it pertains to the shortage and the crazy pricing that has followed.

That said, I’ve had solid offers the last few weeks and I’m torn on what to do. I completely love my 2013 and it’s been rock solid the last 15 months, but the equity I can gain from selling can help by being applied elsewhere. Although it isn’t completely necessary, making money on a truck I’ve put 40K miles on in just over a year doesn’t hurt. Following that, I have absolutely no clue what else I could go buy that would make me happy. I’ve looked at Platinums, Limited’s, Gen 2’s, well-put-together Tundra’s and a few others.

I’m curious what route people went if they did sell and why or why you wouldn’t sell again if given the choice. I also am curious what we think pricing will do short term & long term. I’m certainly not opposed to going away from my truck short-term and coming back to a Gen 1 when the time is right, but I’m not sure that clean one’s will be around much longer and that they’ll be affordable if they are worth buying in the future.

This is just a truck at the end of the day, but it’s also the pinnacle in a sense. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts!

SVTWillis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2016 TRD Tundra before my 2014 Raptor and there isn’t even a comparison between the two. I’ve debated putting mine up for sale but, I know I’ll regret it immediately.