Who’s got the highest mileage raptor eco boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing the thread back around. The video somewhat restored my faith in my Gen2 Raptor.

I'm searching the threads here for high mileage Gen 2's because my 2017 just crossed 83k on the odometer. It's on the second engine and third set of cam phasers.

My gut tells me to dump this truck when it gets to 100K and the ESP expires but since it's paid off I really want to believe this truck can deliver another 80K before I replace it.

The ownership experience has not been all that great for us. Besides the Phasers it has a sunroof that could never get the creak noise in the right rear corner fixed, a transmission that slam shifts and I have to reset Adaptive Learning with the Forscan App, and now the rear diff E-locker would not disengage when I used it to pull a boat out on a nasty dirt ramp. In all since we've owned the truck it's spent over 2 months at the dealer for recurring issues. Technically it is not a lemon (but should be) because the issues re-occurred after the original 36K warranty expired. Thank God for the ESP. I could also write a book on all of the stupid stuff I've endured at the dealerships both at the hands of techs and the management. I'm trying to forget the past and see if there's a future for this truck.

Let's see some examples of high miles on these Gen2's. What kind of high miles do you guys have on Gen2's that will help me restore my faith in this truck?
Have you searched the Gen 2 section for answers?

Docked Wages

Reaction score
Have you searched the Gen 2 section for answers?
Did you read my post? Hint: it was the first sentence. Now to derail the thread and explain how internet forums work and survive. It's all based on aggregating users, creating content, generating interest and presenting advertising to those users. Telling people to search defeats the purpose of DISCUSSION FORUMS.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you read my post? Hint: it was the first sentence. Now to derail the thread and explain how internet forums work and survive. It's all based on aggregating users, creating content, generating interest and presenting advertising to those users. Telling people to search defeats the purpose of DISCUSSION FORUMS.
Damn, got your drawers in a ***, eh. Actually it’s the 3rd line. Now let me explain how counting works.

1st sentence: Thanks for bringing the thread back around.
2nd sentence: The video somewhat restored my faith in my Gen2 Raptor.
3rd sentence: I'm searching the threads here for high mileage Gen 2's because my 2017 just crossed 83k on the odometer.

Asking questions to spark friendly debate can’t be a part of the discussion…rhetorical. Treat your truck well; hopefully it’ll last another 83K.

Before I forget & this may fall on deaf ears but I’ll send a message to the Admins to ditch the search engine because it “defeats the purpose of DISCUSSION FORUMS”

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Just for a reference point, my 5 yr old 2018 has 74k miles tuned plus E50 and ran its quickest acceleration time a few weeks ago. No problems to mention, so I expect mine to go at least another 150k and likely more. The real problem isn’t the truck, it’s your dealer service. Take it to a real technician, not the dealer goon.

Docked Wages

Reaction score
Damn, got your drawers in a ***, eh. Actually it’s the 3rd line. Now let me explain how counting works.

1st sentence: Thanks for bringing the thread back around.
2nd sentence: The video somewhat restored my faith in my Gen2 Raptor.
3rd sentence: I'm searching the threads here for high mileage Gen 2's because my 2017 just crossed 83k on the odometer.

Asking questions to spark friendly debate can’t be a part of the discussion…rhetorical. Treat your truck well; hopefully it’ll last another 83K.

Before I forget & this may fall on deaf ears but I’ll send a message to the Admins to ditch the search engine because it “defeats the purpose of DISCUSSION FORUMS”

So you can read but decided to be confrontational anyhow.

Back to the OP's question of, "Who's got the highest mileage Eco Boost?"

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for a reference point, my 5 yr old 2018 has 74k miles tuned plus E50 and ran its quickest acceleration time a few weeks ago. No problems to mention, so I expect mine to go at least another 150k and likely more. The real problem isn’t the truck, it’s your dealer service. Take it to a real technician, not the dealer goon.
Finding a good solid indy tech is really hard.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked a simple question. So you tell me who got confrontational. I’ll wait… Anywho, I’m done with you.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing the thread back around. The video somewhat restored my faith in my Gen2 Raptor.

I'm searching the threads here for high mileage Gen 2's because my 2017 just crossed 83k on the odometer. It's on the second engine and third set of cam phasers.

My gut tells me to dump this truck when it gets to 100K and the ESP expires but since it's paid off I really want to believe this truck can deliver another 80K before I replace it.

The ownership experience has not been all that great for us. Besides the Phasers it has a sunroof that could never get the creak noise in the right rear corner fixed, a transmission that slam shifts and I have to reset Adaptive Learning with the Forscan App, and now the rear diff E-locker would not disengage when I used it to pull a boat out on a nasty dirt ramp. In all since we've owned the truck it's spent over 2 months at the dealer for recurring issues. Technically it is not a lemon (but should be) because the issues re-occurred after the original 36K warranty expired. Thank God for the ESP. I could also write a book on all of the stupid stuff I've endured at the dealerships both at the hands of techs and the management. I'm trying to forget the past and see if there's a future for this truck.

Let's see some examples of high miles on these Gen2's. What kind of high miles do you guys have on Gen2's that will help me restore my faith in this truck?
So far besides maintenance, I’ve only replaced the battery, and that was the original one. My phasers rattle a little bit, but I quiten them down with an all additive. One of my biggest regrets in buying and selling trucks, was trading my 2013 Raptor in at 98k because I was scared of “high mileage“ and value loss after 100k. Now I see a Gen 1 going for 30-35k with 150,000 on the OD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a better question is who paid the highest amount for their Gen 3?

Only people paying 90-120k should be considered