White spots on hood vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they ceramic coat that part? If not, I'd spray it with Goof Off Automotive. Let it sit for 2 minutes and try removing it

If that doesn't work, try Rick's suggestion.

It's most likely a TRX owner ej@culating when he sees your truck

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would take it back to them. I have ceramic on mine and no splatter. Typically, they ceramic coat the vents too, at least they did on mine. I would not put any product on there and potentially harm the coating until the company has a chance to check it out.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Looks like some product splatter.

OP
OP
Topher

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any alcohol for some reason. I did read a mr clean magic eraser would work and I do have one of those going to try till I get some alcohol or M39 which I need to order.

Its supposed to go back to them at some point to have them look at the XPEL Stealth peeling and air bubbles (only a couple months old) but getting ghosted by them getting back to me.

OP
OP
Topher

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda working

Attachments

• PXL_20220222_224238659.jpg
    PXL_20220222_224238659.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220222_224236681.jpg
    PXL_20220222_224236681.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 31

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be cautious with the magic eraser I can see in the photos where you went with it, did the earaser look black after you used it? Long story short when I was younger I had some road paint on the rocker of a truck and tried the magic eraser and it worked but effectively worked passed the clear coat. Yea people may laugh but I'll tell my story to keep someone from making the same mistake. Keep the magic earaser away especially on a raptor...

I know that would bother me so I understand the frustration, have you thought about pulling the vent odd the hood and work with it off the truck?

OP
OP
Topher

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot, yes it did have black on it when I was using it, light black. Thought it was dirt from the rain and crap on the road we just had.

OP
OP
Topher

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I just mess up my hood vent with that eraser ? people were swearing by this method would not do anything to the plastic.:emotions122: