White spots on hood vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, do you know what these white spots on the hood vent are and how to remove them? Something new I noticed yesterday when I washed my truck. Hasn't really been washed other than when I took it in for XPEL stealth and ceramic over a month ago. I tried using my wash mit with soap and water couldn't get it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220221_232144524.jpg
    PXL_20220221_232144524.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
Topher

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more, let me know if you need a better one

Attachments

• PXL_20220221_232147067.jpg
    PXL_20220221_232147067.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Topher

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sorry hadn't tried anything like that wanted to see about getting it off without trim plastic restorer. Would that clean it off or just hide it?

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure and I don't want to give you the wrong answer on that. It looks like it's dried wax residue as if you hit the door handles by accident while waxing the truck. Ive used the back to black on dried wax and it took it off with no ill effect. Pretty sure your going to have to put something on it to "hydrate" those spots...

@JohnyPython that's a good idea I'll have to remember that.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure and I don't want to give you the wrong answer on that. It looks like it's dried wax residue as if you hit the door handles by accident while waxing the truck. Ive used the back to black on dried wax and it took it off with no ill effect. Pretty sure your going to have to put something on it to "hydrate" those spots...

@JohnyPython that's a good idea I'll have to remember that.
Good thinking, it could be wax residue/splatter from when they did the paint correction prior to the ceramic coating.......

jd001249

Reaction score
I would take it back to them. I have ceramic on mine and no splatter. Typically, they ceramic coat the vents too, at least they did on mine. I would not put any product on there and potentially harm the coating until the company has a chance to check it out.