White Smoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twin Raptors

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far it’s just the silver one. They were purchased 6 months apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickj07

Reaction score
Has anyone experiencing this smoke issue also experienced a significant drop in power? Low oil pressure light, and/or check engine light?

I have been experiencing a rough idle, a little white smoke under hard acceleration, and loss of power. Took the truck in several times, and each time the dealer thought it had to do with the camshaft positioning sensor, fuel rail, and PCV valve. Each time they also noted that the vehicle was low on oil. Found out that the loss of power was due to a low oil level & low oil pressure. Even though I have been changing the oil every 3,000 miles. The engine & turbos are consuming an immense amount of oil to the point that they need to be replaced.

Anyone else had their engine and/or turbos replaced for a similar warranty issue?

Reaction score
So has anyone with the white smoke found out what was wrong because I have the same issue with my 2018 raptor really hard to make it do it I’ve tried day after day and it only happens once every week or two almost like a turbo seal or bad value what else could it be can’t be rings because it would do it all the time

Nickj07

Reaction score
So has anyone with the white smoke found out what was wrong because I have the same issue with my 2018 raptor really hard to make it do it I’ve tried day after day and it only happens once every week or two almost like a turbo seal or bad value what else could it be can’t be rings because it would do it all the time

Yes, after multiple trips to the dealer, and several parts being replaced (camshaft positioning sensors, cam cover seals, PCV value, fuel rail, spark plugs, connectors, etc.) they have determined that I need a new engine, and two new turbos.......

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that's certainly not a cheap fix. I'm sure you just had an engine with some defects and it's not an inherent issue in the design of the engine or else this thread would be 50 pages long by now.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading this stuff makes me super nervous about installing a tune...

Reaction score
Yea if it’s smoking don’t install a tune lol I get my engine replaced next week because mine me was smoking after 17k and it started burning oil they didn’t even bother trying to fix it but the weird thing was I never lost any power