white Smoke from exhaust on start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I got white smoke out of the tail pipes on startup.

2019 802A, 32k miles.

Scheduled to take it in this week.

I know there is another post the white smoke from the exhaust. But I figured I’d start a fresh post. Will keep you all posted on what the dealer says.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did you do a lot of idling recently, close to or just before shutdown?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yes, in fact, the night before I let it idle for about 15-20 min.

So this is a known issue with all F150’s - use your internet search engine of choice and search for F150 white smoke.
No, it’s not about a new Pontiff, it’s apparently condensation build up blowing out the exhaust. Unless it repeats with multiple startups without previously idling, you’re probably fine.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is a known issue with all F150’s - use your internet search engine of choice and search for F150 white smoke.
No, it’s not about a new Pontiff, it’s apparently condensation build up blowing out the exhaust. Unless it repeats with multiple startups without previously idling, you’re probably fine.
Done. Although I did find a lot of results that include folks commenting about Turbo leaks and head gaskets and valve covers, coolant in the engine..etc, quite a few did say it was condensation that happens after a prolonged idle.

Very odd though, I took the truck on a trip from CA to Wyoming, towing a 6,000 lbs trailer in June, it was hotter than Satan's ***-hole the whole trip (115 F average during the day), and during the week long trip there times where I let it idle for prolonged periods of time to keep the A/C running so that the wife and kids don't meltaway during pit stops, and never any white smoke on the next startup. Not sure if the ambient temp has any effect on the condensation.

It is gone now, I started it up and drove it around, and seems to have resolved itself.

Anyhow, I am scheduled to take it in tomorrow for the Cam Phaser rattle which is an official recall item now, so I'll have them look into the white smoke as well.

On a side note, just got a $250 gift card today from Ford saying they are sorry I've had to take the truck in to the dealer so many times for repairs. What a perfectly timed nice gesture. Brought tears to my eyes!

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the same problem. 2018 802a 42,000 miles. Idled for about 40 min during lunch. Started it up about 3 hours later and a ton of white smoke. It went away after about 10 min of driving. I'll keep an eye on it in the morning.