White Knuckle Offroad Bolt-on Sliders for Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kendv8s

Reaction score
Many will question why someone would want to add rock sliders to a Raptor. So let's begin with the intended usage for my Raptor. Coming from a 2017 Toyota Tacoma, that was built for family camping and "Overlanding", the Raptor was purchased to give additional in-cab space and more power. Having damaged the rocker panel on my Tacoma, I learned the hard way that if you plan on offroading with a loaded vehicle, rock sliders are a great accessory to prevent costly damage to your vehicle. This is even more important on the Gen2 Raptor, based on how the doors wrap below the body of the cab.

After extensive research on rock sliders for the Gen2, the only offering was a weld-on slider from SDHQ. While these look good, I wasn't ready to weld these to the frame of my 2020 vehicle. So, in November 2020, I reached out to White Knuckle Offroad to see if their F-150 sliders would work on a 2020 Raptor. As you can imagine, they were absolutely slammed with orders stemming from pandemic buying, so it took a few months for us to find a time to test fit these on my truck. In June, we were able to confirm that the sliders would fit onto the Raptor. So, they took my order and would let me know when they were complete.

Fast-forward to August and I get an email that the sliders are in and to come up to the shop to have them installed. To be clear, they also ship these at a buyer's request. But since they were going on a newly-defined vehicle, some photos were in order. One thing I love about the offroad community are the people. John and his staff at White Knuckle Offroad are probably some of the nicest people you will meet. They produce a first rate product and have the customer service to match. They will go out of there way to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

Following are some pictures of the new sliders on the truck. As I get more with them, offroad, I will provide updates. My initial impressions are that they look very "OE". It's enough of a step to keep my wife happy and with the filler plates, they will prevent rocks and debris from damaging the body of the truck. If you have more questions or are interested in additional details or options, check out their website. White-Knuckle Offroad Gen2 Raptor Sliders

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

Last edited:

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the design and they look to be pretty stout but after looking at the installation instructions I'm curious if there is any chance that the slider is designed to give before crushing the frame (in which case I would rather destroy a door or a part of the body...

OP
OP
Kendv8s

Kendv8s

Reaction score
I like the design and they look to be pretty stout but after looking at the installation instructions I'm curious if there is any chance that the slider is designed to give before crushing the frame (in which case I would rather destroy a door or a part of the body...

Based on my experience, you would need to come down on something pretty hard to apply that much force. Most often, sliders will come into contact with an object (Rock) at slow speed and allow the truck to "slide" over or around the object. There are some videos on their website showing RAM trucks dropping off of ledges, so I feel confident that they will hold up to any punishment I'm able to dole out!

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, you would need to come down on something pretty hard to apply that much force. Most often, sliders will come into contact with an object (Rock) at slow speed and allow the truck to "slide" over or around the object. There are some videos on their website showing RAM trucks dropping off of ledges, so I feel confident that they will hold up to any punishment I'm able to dole out!
Oh yeah I know what you mean, I had a 99 TJ for the longest time and I had rocker guards with integrated sliders that I beat on often and never had a real issue but they were attached to the tub. The only reason I am curious about these is just the area they're attached to and the direction of the force makes me curious how "sacrificial" they are. Nice thing about the ones I had was they were boxed in so I could add an aluminum strip to the bottom that i could beat up and replace.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look good. Quick question, would the flared portion be better served towards the from wheel than the rear?

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look good. Quick question, would the flared portion be better served towards the from wheel than the rear?
Normally the flared portion is put towards the rear to guide the back of the vehicle around stuff and out towards the tire. In the front the front bumper and tire itself with the right clearance will encounter obstacles first. The flare in the rear can be used to great effect when running against stuff like trees or rocks that are trying to get at your rockers and doors.

OP
OP
Kendv8s

Kendv8s

Reaction score

Good question. Most rock sliders with a "kick-out" or "flare" are at the rear. The reason being is as your are coming around an obstacle/rock, the flare will push the rear of the vehicle out more, allowing the rear tire to clear the obstacle. This based on my limited experience with sliders on a Tacoma. With the longer wheelbase and width of the Raptor, I can see using this section of the slider, more, to clear tight sections of a trail.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. Most rock sliders with a "kick-out" or "flare" are at the rear. The reason being is as your are coming around an obstacle/rock, the flare will push the rear of the vehicle out more, allowing the rear tire to clear the obstacle. This based on my limited experience with sliders on a Tacoma. With the longer wheelbase and width of the Raptor, I can see using this section of the slider, more, to clear tight sections of a trail.
Lol jinx

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I believe KHC makes slider for the Gen2 as well but I'd have to take another look at them as these maybe more effective with that rear kickout flare.