Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n2o

Reaction score
I was told yesterday that Whipple is approximately 2 months away from their kit for the Raptor R. Does anyone know of any other manufacturer working on a kit?

MikeyP87

Reaction score
I was told yesterday that Whipple is approximately 2 months away from their kit for the Raptor R. Does anyone know of any other manufacturer working on a kit?
There is no other kit for GT500s besides the 3.8L Whipple. I know Kong and Jokerz have porting services for the GT500 blower, and VMP and a few others make a larger lid and intercooler brick, so I assume those things work just fine on the Raptor R.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would Whipple kit include? Same as kit for GT500 - supercharger, intercooler, tune, Throttle Body etc?

OP
OP
N

n2o

Reaction score
W1N,

I would imagine so. Whipple has the advantage at this point because they can tune the ecm(carb cert), as support comes available from HP Tuners other options may become more popular. I would imagine Kong or Jokerz porting will be popular when custom tuning options come to market.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
W1N,

I would imagine so. Whipple has the advantage at this point because they can tune the ecm(carb cert), as support comes available from HP Tuners other options may become more popular. I would imagine Kong or Jokerz porting will be popular when custom tuning options come to market.
Definitely following and will get the kit once it's made available. So easy to get more power from this engine.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this extra horsepower is gonna break the truck. truck is pretty much maxed out stock.

Agreed - they still used the 10r80 in the R, which is rated at ~590 ft lbs of torque. They *did* beef it up tho to accomodate the v8's extra torque, but I bet they did the bare minimum (probably along with the rest of the drive train). They should have just used the 10r140 from Super Duty.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but ford isn’t gonna put that trans in because some customers “might” wanna mod their truck. It’s probably gonna be tough built unit as is. Other then that I’m not sure ford cares. They had quite a few challenges in development making sure this thing was reliable and not breaking anything.

And it was the ford engineers themselves saying that the truck is maxed out stock.

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Facts.

I have very little confidence in the trans. And the R should of came with a BBK...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed - they still used the 10r80 in the R, which is rated at ~590 ft lbs of torque. They *did* beef it up tho to accomodate the v8's extra torque, but I bet they did the bare minimum (probably along with the rest of the drive train). They should have just used the 10r140 from Super Duty.
10R80 is robust to begin with, much stronger than a 6R80. The fact that they only needed to switch to a 4 pinion output planetary to pass all durability requirements is proof of that.

The 10R140 would be massive overkill, it weighs 110lbs more than a 10R80 and is designed for a GCWR of 50,000 lbs. It’s not just a 10R80 with larger components, it’s a different transmission all together.

As far as the torque rating suffix, it’s used more now for just classifying the transmission than actually defining its torque capability. By designation alone, the 10R140 is rated at 1032lbs of torque, yet the new H.O. Powerstroke is rated at 1200lb-ft.