Whipple vs. Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my SD National Rear Springs through Jarrett at RPG. just can't seem to get a break with time to put them in. I'll probably have to do it when it's snowing out.

Now it's LT header time as well!!!!
And a big freaking Heat exchanger is to come out in the near future.

Man, Whipple is really upping the game.

Does anyone know who's headers Whipple used for the tune? Also how much more power did the headers make for them?

Hank

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They started with a truck that had Stainless Works but that was a while ago, not sure what else were tested. I'll try and find out and post.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A little upgrading

I have done a little upgrading, the new dual fan heat exchanger
Sorry for the bad phone pics when I get my daughters cam I'll change them.

IMG_20130316_122558_918.jpg

Last edited:

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done a little upgrading, the new dual fan heat exchanger and a pulley tensioner (The Thumper).

How important is the pulley tensioner? Have you had belt issues? All my Whipple parts will be here and ready to install Monday (including the BIG-A$$ heat exchanger), BUT no tensioner upgrade. should i get one?

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been playing around with swapping pulley sizes, and I didn't always get it very tight the first time or re-adjust the top idler after a 100 miles,
so I did ruin a belt by peeling 2 ribs off.

It's just peace of mind for me, I'm on call 24/7 so I'm just covering myself.
And if or when someone comes out with a 8 rib system I'm covered as well.

Also Thumper Racing has told me that he has sold many off these to none SC Raptors that do a lot of off-roading they haven't had a issue with the belt since upgrading.

Update:

Warning do not use the Thumper Tensioner if your running with a Whipple SC, I have gone through two alternators in a month.
I do not know about the Roush guys but Roush has there own tensioner upgrade if needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Problems with the Thumper Tensioner has made me remove all post about getting one.

Use at own risk!!!!!

Last edited:

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never drove a Whipple Raptor before, so I can't really weigh an opinion in the the Whipple vs. Roush debate. However, I'm very satisfied with my Roush supercharger.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved it to the very top of my list. In fact, my Whipple parts are here and I don't even have my raptor yet!!! Talk about cart before the horse

Anybody want to buy stock intake and exhaust parts with approximately THREE miles on them?!?! :)