Whipple vs. Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1st gen one had Roush TVS now my 14 has a whipple 700 jdm and they both feel the same power wise

akley88

Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question but i have been thinking about adding the whipple to my 250 later on down the line but wasnt sure what the limit of the stock bottom end is. The truck already has the usual intake, exhaust, headers and tune. Next month im getting my livernois stage 3 heads put on. With that install i'm going to add the melling 10397BR oil pump, replacing timing chains/guides and putting head studs in as well.

akley88

Reaction score
thats good to hear. i wouldnt be going for a ragged edge tune since the truck will still pulling a 9.5k camper during the summer.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keeping things cool is going to be key in your situation then!!!

Get a larger radiator, relocate and upgrade the trans cooler with fans.
Make sure the Tuner set the OEM radiator fans to turn on sooner at a higher percentage.

Last edited:

akley88

Reaction score
i was wondering about trying to use something like mishimoto 6.7 powerstroke radiator and was planning on adding their auxiliary trans cooler. Guess the smart move would be to see how the truck is after the heads are on.

LVSpeedemon

Reaction score
i was wondering about trying to use something like mishimoto 6.7 powerstroke radiator and was planning on adding their auxiliary trans cooler. Guess the smart move would be to see how the truck is after the heads are on.
A lot of people talk negatively about Mishimoto radiators for quality. Just a heads up.

akley88

Reaction score
A lot of people talk negatively about Mishimoto radiators for quality. Just a heads up.
maybe ill look into a different radiator then. there isnt much of a difference between the 6.2 and 6.7 radiators so i should be able to make it work. what about mishimoto trans coolers? or should i look somewhere else too.