Whipple vs. Roush

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by MTF, Jun 21, 2012.

Sponsored By: GotExhaust
  1. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Thanks everyone, I try to keep up on the latest when it's made available.

Mike.S ask about my boost level, I'm waiting for an email, I asked if he can paste the boost graph on the dyno sheet.
    If I remember the talk is 10 psi. +/- 1 psi. depending on vehicle with stock exhaust.

If you have headers that drops down 1 to 1 1/2 psi.
    Now, I believe and will confirm later, with headers you can run the 3.125 pulley
    and if your willing and did all your engine upgrades the 3.000 pulley is quite feasible.
    Giving you unbelievable instant boost!!!
    Some of the Roush guys claim this is an advantage they have over the stock Whipple kits,
    well that's out the window now with this optional upgrade Whipple offers.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. mike.s

mike.s Full Access Member

I'm tempted to try the 3.125" pulley. I'm currently at 8.5 psi with the 3.250".

3. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Whipplash is doing the 3.125 with full SW headers and exhaust I think he ordered the 3.000 too.
    I don't know when he's planning on getting back to Power by the Hour and doing it though.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  4. Keys

Keys Member

I just spoke with Mike (Whipple) regarding the HD Heat Exchanger w/fans and smaller pulley. Currently running 3.250" and will be testing the 3.125" & 3.00" as well. I have an appointment with Power by the Hour in South Florida July 7th & DYNO July 8th.

MTF likes this.
  5. MTF

MTF FRF Addict