Whipple vs. Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a video of their whippled raptor at the track. I would love to hear it.
Sent from my iPhone

no track vids, but here are a couple "driveway vids". they were from day 1 after install so i was still babying it. no WOT vids. Now, I'm too busy beating the crap out of it to stop and take video ;)

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Inside cab noise at lite throttle - YouTube

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Short run at lite throttle. - YouTube.

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Easy takeoff. 1/2 throttle - YouTube

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Low speed pass - YouTube

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no track vids, but here are a couple "driveway vids". they were from day 1 after install so i was still babying it. no WOT vids. Now, I'm too busy beating the crap out of it to stop and take video ;)

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Inside cab noise at lite throttle - YouTube

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Short run at lite throttle. - YouTube.

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Easy takeoff. 1/2 throttle - YouTube

2013 Whipple Supercharged Ford Raptor. Low speed pass - YouTube

Is that stock exhaust on your truck?

Sent from my iPhone

contigo

Reaction score
Going back to the how this thread started, how or which kit sold where is the whipple with 675 hp?

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When they built the page on their website is states rated for 650 fwhp (or crank) but when they released the first kits they where with a small intercooler
and the larger one was an upgrade.

It was pointed out to me by Whipple a while back, that since all the Whipple kits for the Raptor now come with the larger intercooler standard,
the kits are now rated at 675 fwhp for a stock block.

Why they haven't updated the website? Not my call.
If you need further explanation give Whipple a call.

I wish, someday I can get mine on a dyno, the dyno numbers are all over the place on interweb,
from 465 rwhp (something not right) maybe smaller inter cooler?
To 591 rwhp (http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f192/591-rwhp-whipple-raptor-30993/#post609425)

And then you have member "Biggest custom built SC Raptor" with 778 rwhp on 91 octane (http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/custom-built-super-charged-raptor-32584/#post649307)

Last edited:

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got to drive a whippled raptor today .... Way different power it feels. My Roush feels as if it would destroy it off the line, but then the Whipple has a nice constant pull through the RPM.
I am curious to see what would be quicker in the quater mile, but I honestly would put my money on my Roush. He was running a JDM Tune and I am as well. But who knows every truck is different right.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I finally got to drive a whippled raptor today .... Way different power it feels. My Roush feels as if it would destroy it off the line, but then the Whipple has a nice constant pull through the RPM.
I am curious to see what would be quicker in the quater mile, but I honestly would put my money on my Roush. He was running a JDM Tune and I am as well. But who knows every truck is different right.
Also things :
Fueltype
Final drive gearing
Pulley size
Tire/wheel size&weight

Always hard to compare systems
Take @Biggest truck
Probably the biggest Monster on here
Going from a raptor to godzilla

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also things :
Fueltype
Final drive gearing
Pulley size
Tire/wheel size&weight

Always hard to compare systems
Take @Biggest truck
Probably the biggest Monster on here
Going from a raptor to godzilla

Pretty easy to me .. Line them up at a light and go.. One will win, and until the other beats it then that's the better set up...tire size, fuel, weight, those are just all excuses the loser will bring up.