GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if I find another computer at a junk yard and swap it out and keep the Whipple for the future?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ECU has to be flashed to your VIN and you will also have security issues with the FOB keys. The truck will need to be hooked up to OASIS and setup correctly with the new or used ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT can get your Whipple tune out for the cost of their nGauge and custom tune. Whoever Whipple uses to write their code has an agreement with Ford to not let you or the dealer drop a stock tune back into the truck. The part number your Whipple tune installs flags the vehicle and prevents updates.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MPT can get your Whipple tune out for the cost of their nGauge and custom tune. Whoever Whipple uses to write their code has an agreement with Ford to not let you or the dealer drop a stock tune back into the truck. The part number your Whipple tune installs flags the vehicle and prevents updates.

you can get updates from Whipple too...

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone paying for the install?

I was quoted $2100 kit, $600 install, $600 for a 3 year warranty + TAX = $3500.

This is going through my dealership so added peace of mind may come into play with this cost.

It's a fairly straightforward install to do in your driveway if you have the tools. Doesn't require a lift. An extra pair of hands is a bonus when you're lifting/bolting the new intercooler into place, but other than that it's basically following the instructions and swapping parts.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine but I am still figuring out my missfire issue, going to swap out plugs tomorrow to see if that helps. I had a guy in a 2016 Mustang GT pull up next to me and rev, not sure he was expecting what he got when I nailed it. Lol

Truck is a blast with the Whipple Kit.

LOL....a blast for sure....AND....yep...unless someone has rode in a Supercharged Raptor they dont have a clue whats gonna happen when you touch that gas pedal....Its fun when you can catch their shocked look in your rear view mirror.. :)

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with shifts hanging when in Sport mode? I got a recent update from Whipple which helped smooth out the shifting, but occasionally it will "stick" in 3rd or 4th at like 5k RPMs and won't downshift even if I take my foot off the gas... It makes me avoid using Sport mode unfortunately.

FYI it was doing this before the recent update and on the factory tune, just hoping the Whipple time could fix this issue...

Last edited:

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with shifts hanging when in Sport mode? I got a recent update from Whipple which helped smooth out the shifting, but occasionally it will "stick" in 3rd or 4th at like 5k RPMs and won't downshift even if I take my for off the gas... It makes me avoid using Sport mode unfortunately.

FYI it was doing this before the recent update and on the factory tune, just hoping the Whipple time could fix this issue...

I have had this happen recently... all stock, no tune.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with shifts hanging when in Sport mode? I got a recent update from Whipple which helped smooth out the shifting, but occasionally it will "stick" in 3rd or 4th at like 5k RPMs and won't downshift even if I take my foot off the gas... It makes me avoid using Sport mode unfortunately.

It should shift a few seconds after it sees you aren’t applying as much throttle. It does this to give you instant throttle response should you go to get on the gas again. Saving it from having to downshift to get you back into that power range. If you start driving around normally it won’t do that. It will only start holding them longer when you start rippin. That’s how mine drives anyway

Last edited: