GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gily25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are now also providing the stock tune in case you want to go back to your stock tune, I already got mine.

DF105

Reaction score
Early in this string (like page 4 of 62 back in January) someone talked about having Ford install the Whipple Stage I so there wouldn't be warranty issues. I find that hard to think Ford would install a mod like this. I like what I have read about how responsive Whipple has been in continuing to service and work though issues. It seems like the people on this forum have provided MUCH info to Whipple to the benefit of those considering the age the leap.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Early in this string (like page 4 of 62 back in January) someone talked about having Ford install the Whipple Stage I so there wouldn't be warranty issues. I find that hard to think Ford would install a mod like this. I like what I have read about how responsive Whipple has been in continuing to service and work though issues. It seems like the people on this forum have provided MUCH info to Whipple to the benefit of those considering the age the leap.
Yeah that’s why I’m waiting I don’t want my $70,000 dollar truck used for a test mule, and with the few blown motors and other issues I’m a little apprehensive to add power at the moment even if it feels slow to me now.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There’s probably 50+ members on here with the Whipple kit installed on their trucks for well over a year (myself included) and have nothing but great things to say about it. It’s a great kit and I think they did a really nice job with the tune. I’ve had it on my truck for over 10k now and it’s fantastic

DF105

Reaction score
Thanks Shark. I can't say I have read the ENTIRE 62 page string, but read a lot of it. Feeling pretty good about what I've read and how several different issues have arisen, and been worked through. I just got back from my day of Raptor Assault training in Utah, and now looking at the performance mods I want to do beyond the first round of custom bumpers, lights, and window tinting...oh and of course relocating the "Mac-daddy of radar detectors from the old BMW 550 to the new Raptor!!!

I am pretty sold on this Whipple kit, and trying to sort out the exhaust system upgrade. I'll have to go hunting for that conversation string to make the choice between the Cat Back Ford Performance/Borla/etc.

Thanks to all in this forum participating and sharing. I'm happy I found the group.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s why I’m waiting I don’t want my $70,000 dollar truck used for a test mule, and with the few blown motors and other issues I’m a little apprehensive to add power at the moment even if it feels slow to me now.

After an hour with a mechanics stethoscope I’ve determined my noise is cam phasers, specifically exhaust LH head. The bottom end is whisper quiet. I have the Whipple and will add new and improved phasers when available, installed myself.

The truck is night vs day different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t be happier with the results. Installation was rather easy..... 1/2 hour to do the intake. 1 1/2 to do to the intercooler. I emailed them my stock file and had a tune within an hour. The truck runs great!
-Dave

I like your taste in vehicles! Just added a Raptor to the stable to supplement my GT4

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What plugs are you all running with the whipple stage 1 kit?

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After an hour with a mechanics stethoscope I’ve determined my noise is cam phasers, specifically exhaust LH head. The bottom end is whisper quiet. I have the Whipple and will add new and improved phasers when available, installed myself.

The truck is night vs day different.

Is there any aftermarket phasers out?