GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s why I only run a closed CAI.

Funny guy, if it can happen to a $65k bimmer it can happen to a ford splashing thru a lot of rain with an open filter. Your engine compartment isn’t completely sealed you know

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny guy, if it can happen to a $65k bimmer it can happen to a ford splashing thru a lot of rain with an open filter. Your engine compartment isn’t completely sealed you know

I have ran my $130K GTR with twin turbos/two open CAI's that are literally in the front bumper through a downpour. Never any problems along with the dozens of other vehicles ive owned with open intakes.

Are you driving through floods in your BMW or what

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So something no one has brought up... hows the daily driving changed , the trans shifting , the mpg during normal driving? Im gonna guess that most who have this aren't racing thru the desert daily. The power increase this provides is massive really , there must be some down sides other than tire wear?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So something no one has brought up... hows the daily driving changed , the trans shifting , the mpg during normal driving? Im gonna guess that most who have this aren't racing thru the desert daily. The power increase this provides is massive really , there must be some down sides other than tire wear?

With my struck bone stock i was getting 12.9 beating it around town and now I get 9-10. The tune in normal mode is a little more snappy then stock but not much, sport mode goese from sporty to hang on to something we about to bang some gears. Lol

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Update on my new updated tune.

Went for a drive and did a data capture for 10min and the knock numbers were back to 1-2, also transmission felt almost stock in feel and shifting. The power felt a tad more peppy then stock but I am not 100%.

I emailed Jeff the data capture and told him it felt stockish and asked what was the difference between the two tunes and waiting to hear back. I guess on the bright side is I have both tunes save on my computer so I can switch back to the other one.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I get 11-12 combined street/highway, but I'm on heavy 37s now and get into boost more often.

EcoBoost really means it's Economical until you hit the Boost. If you you in boost, it's eating a shit ton of gas. The tune gives you more boost.. more power = thirstier truck.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much got confirmation that Ford engineers are behind these tunes like we suspected. My email from Whipple.

“I dont know exactly what was changed

I was told that they were going to re-enable the shutters for outside air temps below 30 degrees they had shut them off completely

we had a guy in Canada with a misfire problem at wot in extreme cold 20 below so they did a little adjustment for that so depending on how cold it is it might be a little weaker than before in low temps

they said there was a bunch of Ford updates that would help the transmission so sounds like that worked

will have the engineer look at the log and see what he says

they didnt say it would be weaker with the new file.”

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
This all great info and provides a view into how Ford is having to tackle both engine fixes, transmission ‘feel’ issues all while trying to increase performance. This Whipple tune will be the one to have for sure.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With my struck bone stock i was getting 12.9 beating it around town and now I get 9-10. The tune in normal mode is a little more snappy then stock but not much, sport mode goese from sporty to hang on to something we about to bang some gears. Lol

Ok... sooo , do i understand , there would be multiple maps. During "normal the truck is going to feel mildly better , but in sport mode there will be a different map that will unleash the beast?
If so that kinda cool.