GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gily25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you guys gap the plugs?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

I installed the SP542 but Im thinking going back and gap the OEM plugs.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

By the way I have stage 1 and no issues, it really wakes up the truck; I have an available Whipple tuner for sale if anyone is interested, I can sell it for a discounted price, just DM

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting an update on the main Whipple thread. I was provided with a new tune this week that included a newer TCM update from Ford as well as an updated PCM tune from Whipple. The 3-4 and 4-5 odd shifts are now gone. The truck feels like it pulls much faster at higher RPM's now. Before I had a very fast 0-30, but then it didn't seem to maintain the pull up to 60-70mph. Very happy with the new tune and the customer service from Whipple was top notch. I e-mailed them on Wednesday and had the tune installed Friday morning.

Who did you email or was it just the tech
support email address? I called and left a message but never got a call back so figure I better email them. Last week or so my truck started surging at 1/4 throttle between 1200-2000rpms like a clogged fuel filter, it’s not every time but after the 1000mi trip to the FL Keys it was getting annoying.

I think I will try the updated tune and if that doesn’t do it I will go to stock and try that.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just e-mailed the service contact from their website. Their responses didn't even include a name of the person I was speaking with.

Hope you get that surging problem fixed. The updated tune will be worth it regardless if it is a PCM/TCM issue or not.

Who did you email or was it just the tech
support email address? I called and left a message but never got a call back so figure I better email them. Last week or so my truck started surging at 1/4 throttle between 1200-2000rpms like a clogged fuel filter, it’s not every time but after the 1000mi trip to the FL Keys it was getting annoying.

I think I will try the updated tune and if that doesn’t do it I will go to stock and try that.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noob question. Does the tune work w adaptive cruise control just fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started a back country hiking road trip on the 16th. FL-TN-IN-WY-UT-CA. I am pleased to say the Whipple Tune has been phenomenal in every way, all they way up to nearly 10,000’. I will say that at 10,000’ and at idle it takes a long time for the turbos to spool up to their limits and start working- to be expected. Only 91 octane is available west of IN and temperatures varied a bit, but full 20 psi of boost seems to be available to around 6,500 feet or so. The reason I can’t be more specific is that at higher altitudes the boost starts to drop sooner as the engine swallows all that air and the ECU algorithms limit the turbine speeds- higher turbine speeds are needed in the thinner air and more turbine speed is needed as RPM and volume increases. Nevertheless, the tune has been bomb proof. 3,200 miles in and burned 1/2 quart of oil. 15.0 mpg at 80 mph, 15.6 trip average with all the mixed driving.

As a final note, her first leg ever off 93 octane was questionable as she back fired and stumbled a few times, maybe the hesitation some talk about. Furthermore she was not nearly as peppy until the ECU adjusted which took longer than expected. All seems to be fine now, I’m guessing I’m down 30HP 93 to 91. 4f8a4ae674a7b41040c4a22e7d76b3f8.jpgb82eac58a6f6b3642ffd687e5b1ea3c4.jpg2fade787806a0223f7dfc9459006c326.jpgad8a3c67a85335fa317691304637dcfa.jpg293318cc7afb44d7192ee3c2d4a15d96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zzzspeed

Reaction score
Noob question. Does the tune work w adaptive cruise control just fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was my concern also as they have to move the sensor up higher in the grill. My first trip after that was form San Diego to Sedona. A few times it stopped working saying (sensor problem) but after stopping the truck and starting again, it worked fine. It has not acted up since then, and we just took a trip to Mammoth. Such an amazing machine all around.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing up the updated tune/tcm guys. I got in contact with them and updated it today.
Although i wasn’t experiencing as bad shifting symptoms as some people here, it still feels much improved in normal/sport