GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update.

I got a email back from Jeff at Whipple asking me for my vin because he wants to see what Verson I have, I explained ford updated my ECM before I copied the factory tune and sent it to him so it should be the newest.

His reply was “We received updated files today and see how it runs“ and sent me the file links to download and put in the tomahawk. I will be back home tomorrow and will flash the new tune in and see how she runs.

I am probably wrong but it almost sounded like Ford engineers sent them new tunes? Lol

This may or may not apply to you,
In the past i had an open intake like the whipple Cai installed on a twin turbo bmw 335, when i accelerated in the rain it would throw a fit, wrenches and missfire. Ended up being water getting into the open box design. Replaced with closed box problem solved

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may or may not apply to you,
In the past i had an open intake like the whipple Cai installed on a twin turbo bmw 335, when i accelerated in the rain it would throw a fit, wrenches and missfire. Ended up being water getting into the open box design. Replaced with closed box problem solved

Good thing we have Raptors then. Not a 335.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing can happen to any car with modified open box intakes, if he finds moisture on the Maf!
335s are actually awesome

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Odds of water getting up to the inside top of the hood isn’t going to happen often - mudders need not comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny guy, if it can happen to a $65k bimmer it can happen to a ford splashing thru a lot of rain with an open filter. Your engine compartment isn’t completely sealed you know

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toadster when you are at Whipple try and get them talking about who does the tunes, or just take some spy glasses and snoop around.

You can be 007 or The Kingsmen. Lol

I get a tour tomorrow - raptor is under the knife today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk