GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like I'm being trolled. Let me guess, you pour the water wetter in your weep hole? :ROFLJest:

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stage 1 updated tune

Is anyone getting possible engine detonation at around 70mph? It happens when I’m gunning it from 0 to 80/100 MPH blasts. It lasts for mere seconds then goes away . Hoping it’s not detonation. I’m running 91 chevron . It’s a California thing.

Last edited:

Ironwood

Reaction score

Could you enlighten me? I've ordered a Raptor, but don't have it yet. I've owned three Lightnings though, and we use water wetter and distilled water for the intercooler fluid in summer time to keep our engines from blowing as we don't have the active knock sensors.

Grizlbits

Reaction score
Could you enlighten me? I've ordered a Raptor, but don't have it yet. I've owned three Lightnings though, and we use water wetter and distilled water for the intercooler fluid in summer time to keep our engines from blowing as we don't have the active knock sensors.

I am not saying Water wetter is a gimmick. It may have its uses in an inadequate cooling system. But my experience with 15 years of racing 1000 rwhp machines is that the water wetter effect was negligible at best. A properly sized radiator will remove about 20 - 25 degrees of temperature from the coolant. We have seen this on numerous cars, with or without water wetter. Please don't think a little pink bottle will fix a heat issue. We have had MUCH BETTER experience filling all the gaps in the front of the car so 100% of the air went through the radiator instead of around it. I guarantee a properly ducted radiator with 100% airflow through the radiator will cool better than your little pink bottle. I have run straight distilled water in my race car for one session, it held the same 215 degrees as always. The next session my wife showed up with Water Wetter. We added two bottles. Next session the temp was still 215 degrees.

Heat soak is real with turbo motors. An undersized intercooler will work to a point, and then physics takes over. It can only remove a certain amount of heat. After that the charged air temperature will continue to rise, overpowering the intercooler. The larger the intercooler the more cooling capacity it has. Think about it, if the intercooler needs 50% more capacity to cool during warm summer months, how is the little pink bottle going to fix this? 2 degrees cooler, maybe, but not 10, 20, or 30 degrees.

I suppose next your going to tell me K & N filters make horsepower? Hint: they don't; and I have dyno charts to prove it.

Advertising sells a lot of products that claim to make horsepower or cooler temperatures. Very few can back it up on a dyno or real world experience.

Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true. Do your own scientific testing in a controlled environment and let us know what you find. My experience shows no difference with or without Water Wetter. Your results may vary, but I doubt it.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still think that there is a design flaw with an after cooler and a rad in line. Far better side by side

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Raptor has an air to air intercooler.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I suppose next your going to tell me K & N filters make horsepower? Hint: they don't; and I have dyno charts to prove it.

That blanket statement isn’t precise enough. I generally agree but years ago I was a called out for a dyno run - modified MAS + K&N. I was headed back to the dyno anyway and charted the components individually over 4 runs on a Mustang - I did get 1.something or other hp out of the K&N, but I’ve consistently lost power on my bikes with K&N.

YMMV or more precisely... YHPMV

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, really depends on ur applications.
K&N made dyno proven hp gains on my yamaha vmax no question.