GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the updates available, along with the tire/axle change fix so just send an email with your vin and we can send you a new bin and app file, you’ll be good to go :)

If we make updates later, you can always update again. We don’t limit the updates.

And yes when you have that baby, your not gonna have anytime! Lol

So what does the Updated tune do for performance and what are the key points of update ? I’m looking for maybe more of the tune/power in normal mode I guess not just in sport where it revs out if that makes sense .
Thanks

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same thing happens if you adjust the BCM for the correct tire speedo calculation size in Forscan, wrench icon. So not necessarily a Tomahawk thing. However, if Whipple finds a fix that somehow corresponds to a Forscan code flash, color me impressed. Who am I kidding, I am already impressed that the Whipple tune is tow friendly and changes with octane and Raptor modes!
ya on other whipple thread install i posted same thing so guess we stuck with wrench till fix or dealer may be able to clear it. ( tire change on tomahawk threw a wrench cant get rid of. no DTCs though. )
UPDATED. ALL FIXED WITH UPDATE. GREAT SERVICE FROM WHIPPLE

Also forscan dont work cant connect no more after whipple flash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya on other whipple thread install i posted same thing so guess we stuck with wrench till fix or dealer may be able to clear it. ( tire change on tomahawk threw a wrench cant get rid of. no DTCs though. )

Forscan will work - needs some tweaks to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The reason for the code is that it was in the TCM, which we weren't checking/erasing. The latest version of firmware gives the tool the ability now to read and erase codes from the trans.

Also, the latest version should resolve any issue with wheel/axle size.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

So what does the Updated tune do for performance and what are the key points of update ? I’m looking for maybe more of the tune/power in normal mode I guess not just in sport where it revs out if that makes sense .
Thanks

The updated tune doesn't do anything different for power delivery per se. The update is refinement in torque control which includes massive transmission changes. The peak boost, spark, timing, knock control, etc are all the same.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason for the code is that it was in the TCM, which we weren't checking/erasing. The latest version of firmware gives the tool the ability now to read and erase codes from the trans.

Also, the latest version should resolve any issue with wheel/axle size.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

The updated tune doesn't do anything different for power delivery per se. The update is refinement in torque control which includes massive transmission changes. The peak boost, spark, timing, knock control, etc are all the same.
Great, applied updates and set tire size again to clear. Reset all DTCs in trans module and all seems great. thanks for all the super fast support.