GEN 2 Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT

Reaction score
Alright so Hello Whipple,

This is something I am really interested in purchasing the upcoming days. I want to put down the order online but have an issue or two.

I have already installed a Roush Performance Cold Air Intake. Your $1999 Stage 1 package includes an Intercooler, Tune and CAI.

Will it be ok for me just to install the Tune and the Intercooler? Also, what is the price then?

I live in San Diego, can I drop my car to you guys for installation since your Headquarter is 100 miles up North.

Thanks you!

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great.... then you whipple guys can head to the track and make some runs against us MPT guys.

It'll be the battle of the century.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness though...

I am certain that given the stellar reputation of Whipple combined with Ford factory support and proper tooling and software.... that the whipple tune is going to be absolutely bulletproof and for guys just looking for better shifting, a sportier feel and modest increase in power I think it is going to be near perfect.... and it'll be idiot proof. Tow with it. Hot or cold... etc... the truck will remain stock level reliable under all conditions.

So while I bet I beat you in a drag race.... I'd have to flash my ECM before I drive away hauling a heavy trailer. Just the name of the game.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In all seriousness though...

I am certain that given the stellar reputation of Whipple combined with Ford factory support and proper tooling and software.... that the whipple tune is going to be absolutely bulletproof and for guys just looking for better shifting, a sportier feel and modest increase in power I think it is going to be near perfect.... and it'll be idiot proof. Tow with it. Hot or cold... etc... the truck will remain stock level reliable under all conditions.

So while I bet I beat you in a drag race.... I'd have to flash my ECM before I drive away hauling a heavy trailer. Just the name of the game.

nailed it ;)

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very well said and yes that's exactly hit. Can we make 450rwhp? Yes did in testing. But it's knocks uncontrollably with any sustained throttle (towing or uphill). Gas quality varies as well and when your on the edge, it will bite you at some point. Many feel Ford is conservative, they are actually not, there is a circumstance or reason for everything. The only conservative approach is for fuel mileage/emissions but for wot power, not conservative.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Great.... then you whipple guys can head to the track and make some runs against us MPT guys.

It'll be the battle of the century.

Sure, once they pass emissions testing, get an EO to be legal and pass an actual durability test (can't do running up and down highway), we'll be happy to meet and run them up.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Alright so Hello Whipple,

This is something I am really interested in purchasing the upcoming days. I want to put down the order online but have an issue or two.

I have already installed a Roush Performance Cold Air Intake. Your $1999 Stage 1 package includes an Intercooler, Tune and CAI.

Will it be ok for me just to install the Tune and the Intercooler? Also, what is the price then?

I live in San Diego, can I drop my car to you guys for installation since your Headquarter is 100 miles up North.

Thanks you!

Yes most likely it would work as with this speed density it's not overly sensitive. You would just have to purchase the parts/cal separately.

Note our cal resolves issues some have with cold air intakes setting codes.

Trashguy

Reaction score
I've been running my whipple tune for over a week and love it.
Feels almost factory smooth with nothing erratic at all (such as shifting, idle etc..)
I just did the tune being I had a roush intake in for awhile already. I also have borla s type and turbosmart blow off valve and have no check engine lights.

Im trying to get to the track soon to see what she will run.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with the Whipple Stage 1 kit, do you get to keep using the factory intercooler fans with their intercooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
For those with the Whipple Stage 1 kit, do you get to keep using the factory intercooler fans with their intercooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Wipple used my stock dual fans. Mine was the first one installed back in early Feb. 2017. I was told that they removed stock louver box around stock IC but other than that the Whipple IC bolted up in the same place as stock. Also, the Whipple IC has not thrown one code! Whipples engineers, Techs and office staff are a great team to work with. Also it is a plus that they are partnering with Ford performance. Good luck with which ever IC you choose.