GEN 2 Whipple Performance Upgrade Kit and Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PCM sent out to Whipple today! YES!!!

Sorry if I've disappointed any of the Programmer fans! Just a personal preference from pass history with them. I want to install something that I just have to push the gas peddle not buttons on a display to change my driving desire and hope I have it set right.

Sent Stainless Works Downpipes back today. Whipple said they didn't know if their tune would take care of down pipes throughing code. They never tested their tune with a set installed. Not a big deal. Never saw any real hp gain numbers with them anyway. Just going with SPD spacers and S-Type Borla for exhaust. Already have them. Will install them as soon as PCM is back. Plus I can use the $900 for more toys for my Raptor!!!

Did you wait until you received the kit before mailing in your PCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasDave

Reaction score
I already had the other items. Bought them before I saw Whipple Chargers had the Stage l product line on Gen 2 Raptors. Just getting the PCM recalibrate through them. They will just do PCM Recalibration. Price is reasonable considering cost of a Programmer.

I'm not buying anything else until I see what their Stage ll consist of.

FYI. If I didn't have the other items I would of bought the Stage l kit from them. I've actually spent a little more than their kit buying the items separate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I already had the other items. Bought them before I saw Whipple Chargers had the Stage l product line on Gen 2 Raptors. Just getting the PCM recalibrate through them. They will just do PCM Recalibration. Price is reasonable considering cost of a Programmer.

I'm not buying anything else until I see what their Stage ll consist of.

FYI. If I didn't have the other items I would of bought the Stage l kit from them. I've actually spent a little more than their kit buying the items separate.

Any updates?

DallasDave

Reaction score
Any updates?

Yes! I have had everything installed.

Whipple Charger Recalibrate PCM
S&B cool air intake
SDP Spacers
Borla S Type cat back system.
I had SW down pipes but I returned them due to them popping codes.

I’ve disconnected the Pedal Commander. Makes it a little jerky with the added power.

Hard to feel the true power gain because of the 10 Speed trans but man the You can see the speedo climb quick!!!

S Type mufflers iate a little louder than I would like due to the possible unwanted attention when I’m playing. (Had one of Fort Worth’s finest pull up behind me in a parking lot. Told him I just installed new exhaust. After a quick warning, he said it is a thing of beauty and drove off) But man it sounds sooo good!!!!

I’m planning on hitting the dyno this month. Local performance shop in Fort Worth charges $65 for 3 pulls. Will post results when I do.

KWT

Reaction score
May I ask what’s your speed limiter set at? Still 107 or increased it?

$nake Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this IC installed in the same location as the factory IC? Or does it relocate it as seen in other brands such as Addictive Desert Design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
Is this tune safe for towing say 7500lbs in the dead is summer with 100* heat and high humidity? I like the idea of what Whipple is doing here but was thinking I would need to back off a tune when towing like the above scenario.