GEN 1 Whipple Kit Install :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the late post as I just purchased an SC from Whipple for my Gen1, and trying to see what can and should be done prior to installing the SC to minimize future removal for repairs.

Are you planning on upgrading your alternator and replace the stock oil pump with a billet oil pump? It was recommended to upgrade the alternator as getting to it again will mean removing the SC if done later... I read somewhere also that many SC 6.2 suffered from oil pump gear failure, and it is best to upgrade this prior to installing the SC.

Your thoughts as you have already have things disassembled..

Thanks for the posts!!
:)

Hey Congrads Mindgame!!
I haven't looked at that, but now would be an opportune time to do it.
The kit has an offset bracket for mounting the Alternator, i'm not sure on accessibility after the blower is mounted, but will check into both questions. Stopping by the shop after I pick up my valve covers later today.

Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a good discussion with the designer at rogue racing last week.

we didn't talk about coating, but talked about application and function. I like that they do their own field testing and build to suit. the terrain there outside Vegas is pretty similar to around here. They are moving their fab work to an outside fab shop to help with repeatable prodution quality and are 4-8 weeks out.... I'm ordering the traction bars and am reeeeealy thinking about the Bump kit: (and front bumper)

Bump6.jpg

bump7.jpg

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are moving their fab work to an outside fab shop to help with repeatable prodution quality and are 4-8 weeks out....

Hopefully not China :/

Looks like I'm late to this party and most everything has been covered but I have the RR trac bars and bump kit. Also did the upgraded alternator, oil pump gears, and CBR radiator when my Whipple went on.

I saw recently that Dave at KHC has a new torque arm setup for the Gen 2.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsbtSPfAWWw/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I'm sure he could build one for the Gen 1, as well. I might be tempted to try this over the trac bars if I was doing it today.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks like I'm late to this party and most everything has been covered but I have the RR trac bars and bump kit. Also did the upgraded alternator, oil pump gears, and CBR radiator when my Whipple went on.

I'm sure he could build one for the Gen 1, as well. I might be tempted to try this over the trac bars if I was doing it today.

Interested
I’ll message him. Sdhq won’t respond to messages

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to borrow the Tuner shops calculators or tell them to stop selling 700+ HP Whipple kits!!!

Yeah, 20% is for a non 4x4 car without an automatic transmission and certainly not using 35" tires.

From the Factory the Raptor claims to have 411 HP
And everyone that has dyno for base line is getting 312 to 317 rwhp. that's 24% loss.
Add 300 more HP and the math changes.
You also have to factor in the Supercharger eats up HP to make HP plus the tranny is going to slip more.
A Supercharged Raptor is anywhere from 25 to as high as 30% drivetrain loss, ask any Raptor Tuning shop.

Your numbers are high for 20%!! Let alone 30.
I don’t need to ask, I couldn’t care less what flywheel hp is. Never have, never will.
I have tuned my own car/s on a dyno. Via BigStuff3. Livernois tuned my raptor. Made 525 on 89 octane. Again flywheel HP is completely useless to me, selling “700 kits” is a marketing ploy and completely misleading. Haven’t seen a engine dyno race break out.... ever. Wheel hp is something that can be looked at. And that still not all that, till it can be put to the ground.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toruq
Your numbers are high for 20%!! Let alone 30.
I don’t need to ask, I couldn’t care less what flywheel hp is. Never have, never will.
I have tuned my own car/s on a dyno. Via BigStuff3. Livernois tuned my raptor. Made 525 on 89 octane. Again flywheel HP is completely useless to me, selling “700 kits” is a marketing ploy and completely misleading. Haven’t seen a engine dyno race break out.... ever. Wheel hp is something that can be looked at. And that still not all that, till it can be put to the ground.

They'll advertise WHP when the car manufacturers start doing the same. If the compressor is rated to move 700 HP worth of air at it's max RPM- then it's rated correctly IMO. Taking out blower and drive-train losses, 525 at the tire sounds about right for a "700 HP blower" on a Raptor.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes Hopefully!!

That's interesting.
please post up what you find out.
I converted my turbo mustang from the 4-link to a Torque arm and it was one of my favorite mods. Drastically improved feel and control, especially under a load, and during loss of traction.

Christian, For a heavy truck like this I want a better launch and more low RPM power - this is where torque is king. that's where this kind of blower really delivers. IMO turbos are better overall efficiency, less parasitic loss as you guys know, but that is just one of many factors in a vehicle build. Dyno numbers and what a vehicle will do on the road are two different things. I am looking forward to a more horizontal torque line on my dyno pull ;)

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out what was between the condenser and Radiator! LOL.

R163.jpg

Pulling the Rad is a chore. you have to de compress the AC and disconnect everything. basically take it all out. I think this radiator will work out good.

R164.jpg

R165.jpg