Whipple Installed - Couple minor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called JDM and spoke to them for a bit. I believe that the gentleman's name was Pat. Pat spoke with his boss and they both believe that I have some kind of a vacuum leak. According to his boss, this is usually seen from when the SC was installed, the black O-ring gasket rolled out of place. The guy that installed this for me is a seasoned competent mechanic. I know there is always a chance of an "oops" but rarely does he have an "oops". Is there a way that I can check with a scanner or gauges to test for vacuum leak? I would like to verify that is the leak before I spend the $$ on replacing it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to monitor the short and long fuel trims both banks, this will tell you if an O-ring is not seated correctly.
If one was out of place, it would throw codes like too rich or too lean.
Plus, it would run right either.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Short of fuel trims, smoke testing is a very effective way to determine if there are any vacuum leaks in the evap system or anywhere in the intake path. That’s how my installer found that they’d torn an intake manifold o-ring during the install.

I’m running the JDM 700 kit with FRPP dual 65mm TB upgrade, 78lb injectors, and Stainless Works headers. No surging or drivability issues whatsoever.