Whipple 3.8L Supercharger Upgrade - Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared@Lethal

Reaction score
The first production Raptor R 3.8L Whipple Supercharger upgrade kit is just about ready to head out the door to us. I think it came out pretty sweet. My Raptor R is carbonized gray and has a bunch of code orange accents so I decided to have it powdercoated to match code orange. Dustin has the kit all laid out and ready for packaging. Now I just need the truck to ship. lol

If you guys have any questions regarding this kit please let me know.
RaptorR Whipple water 8.png
RaptorR Whipple water 5.png

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been a member since 2011 and your 4 reactions are from this post lol love it. But to stay on topic, SICK, what kind of gains are expected?

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohh baby...... more details please! Whos doing the tune? What gains are you looking to get? How much$$$

SuperSafety

Reaction score
This looks sick! It will certainly dress up the engine bay. Do you need a foster for it while waiting on your truck? My truck is great for that. Lol.

OP
OP
Jared@Lethal

Jared@Lethal

Reaction score
Been a member since 2011 and your 4 reactions are from this post lol love it. But to stay on topic, SICK, what kind of gains are expected?
Not quite sure what to expect considering the drivetrain and all. Based on my 2020 GT500 which I put a 3.8L Whipple on the gains should be pretty significant.
gt500timeschart_8S.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jared@Lethal

Jared@Lethal

Reaction score
ohh baby...... more details please! Whos doing the tune? What gains are you looking to get? How much$$$
Whipple will be providing the cal initially as they currently are the only ones who have the ability to tune the Raptor R. Their cal will eventually be 50 state legal so for those that live in states with strict emissions this will give a lot of people the opportunity to run this system without worrying about failing any type of emissions test.
I hope that as time goes on we'll see custom tuning support released from HP Tuners and SCT so that other calibrators in the industry will be able to custom tune this setup for higher HP levels in addition to being able to run alternative fuels such as E85 where the real gains are seen.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Jared@Lethal
Yup, Dustin got all the hardware from Ford years ago to build complete calibration strategies from the scratch!!!
I bet you'll have to send the PCM to them, it's going to be a highly encrypted Tune like they did with the Gen 1s, in the beginning.
Do you remember that?

Last edited:

SuperSafety

Reaction score
One thing I've learned since picking up the R is the tires are the limiting factor. For some reason, I want to go way faster than the governed 114. Q, R, and S are the typical ratings for 37s. I'm not asking for a Y, but maybe a U or H would be nice. Or, just have a set of radials and skinnys.

OP
OP
Jared@Lethal

Jared@Lethal

Reaction score
@Jared@Lethal
Yup, Dustin got all the hardware from Ford years ago to build complete calibration strategies from the scratch!!!
I bet you'll have to send the PCM to them, it's going to be a highly encrypted Tune like they did with the Gen 1s, in the beginning.
Do you remember that?
I don't believe sending the PCM will be required but we'll find out shortly.