Whipple 3.8L Supercharger Upgrade - Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe sending the PCM will be required but we'll find out shortly.
Let's hope they will just start with a SCT file format.
Also, Whipple does the proprietary Tunes for American Shelby Whipple kits.
The way the Government is cracking down on Tuners now a days, it's hard to guess which way Whipple will go.

Last edited:

dlapham

Reaction score
Will Lethal soon have a Raptor R E85 kit? I don't care about mega power, just optimized timing and fueling for E85 with the stock pully / stock supercharger. I figure minimum ID1050 injectors and bost-a-pump, which is fine. If you can tune for this supercharger, hopefully that means you can soon tune for E-85???

likeaboss

Reaction score
I hope Whipple offers a tuning options for the stock supercharger as well.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will definitely get Whipple kit when available. I have 38" tires (+27 lbs per tire) waiting to be put on and wouldn't mind having close to enough to keep the truck at least as fast it is stock. Wouldn't hurt if it was faster though ;-)

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@MTF the tunes so far for the current gen trucks basically require connecting directly to the PCM under the hood for the initial backup of the stock tune and loading a new tune. Functionality via the OBD2 port is limited due to security changes that have been implemented. There’s a few videos of Livernois tunes being installed using their proprietary device. I haven’t seen anything yet specific to SCT, but guessing it would be similar.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@MTF the tunes so far for the current gen trucks basically require connecting directly to the PCM under the hood for the initial backup of the stock tune and loading a new tune. Functionality via the OBD2 port is limited due to security changes that have been implemented. There’s a few videos of Livernois tunes being installed using their proprietary device. I haven’t seen anything yet specific to SCT, but guessing it would be similar.
Thanks for the info.
Like I said earlier, who knows what Whipple will do with their proprietary Tune.
And if Whipple will even use a handheld device, I hope so but again we will see.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having a factory S/C'ed V8 sure is nice when it comes to upgrades.

1000 RWHP is doable on E85 with the 3.8L IMO, you'll just need the fueling to get there. Go big on the intake components- T/B, tube, filter. Intake restrictions are the msot important thing to avoid on positive displacement blowers.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first production Raptor R 3.8L Whipple Supercharger upgrade kit is just about ready to head out the door to us. I think it came out pretty sweet. My Raptor R is carbonized gray and has a bunch of code orange accents so I decided to have it powdercoated to match code orange. Dustin has the kit all laid out and ready for packaging. Now I just need the truck to ship. lol

If you guys have any questions regarding this kit please let me know.
View attachment 392699
View attachment 392700
Lethal Shlizz!

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I've learned since picking up the R is the tires are the limiting factor. For some reason, I want to go way faster than the governed 114. Q, R, and S are the typical ratings for 37s. I'm not asking for a Y, but maybe a U or H would be nice. Or, just have a set of radials and skinnys.
You can get a set of non-dot BFG Baja tires, the real racing tires for down in Mexico used on TT's in 40" size that will hold up to about 150mph, and that's off road as well.