Whipple 3.8L Supercharger Upgrade - Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im dying to see some results as well.
It a long process. They sent kit that was not complete with hoses and pcm. Now stuff has been shipped I think ti should be at the dealer finally. It took good three months to get the kit.

I also got new hood, but manufacturer sent Gen2 hood ;-( it only took 4 months to arrive.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never messed with superchargers before. Had a TRX for 18 months and left it alone…not sure why but I’ve only had this R for 90 days and I’m contemplating this upgrade. Whats a ballpark for installation costs? Whipple site states a lot of guys install themselves…anybody contemplating going that route?

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had few installed and never even thought about doing it myself. Whatever route you take, I suggest wait a little. I ordered mine in late November, and I had part shipped to my dealer in drops. Finally I think mechanical parts have arrived, but instructions are missing and tune is still not ready.

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
I will do this mod 100% to my r... but I'm waiting until the Tuning bugs are worked out. You will have issues I'm sure with tuning... the Tuning companies are delayed big time with the 23+ trucks, leads me to believe these things are tricky.
I don't have time at this point to go back and forth for Tuning revisions etc etc(been down that road when I performed a stage 3 kit on My mclaren 600lt).
I'm sure it'll be great when the Tuning is mastered but for now- I'm watching.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never messed with superchargers before. Had a TRX for 18 months and left it alone…not sure why but I’ve only had this R for 90 days and I’m contemplating this upgrade. Whats a ballpark for installation costs? Whipple site states a lot of guys install themselves…anybody contemplating going that route?
The truck is already setup for a blower. All you are doing is swapping the charger, belt, T/B and the fuel rails, plus flashing the new tune. You'll need 2 guys to handle the supercharger though.