Which wheels and tires would you put on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cameronrs5

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2014 last week. It was a show truck for the dealership. While the wheels and tires are pretty.... they wouldn't be the best for offroading. I came from the world of rock crawling/mudding with an old Ford Bronco. This world of pre running is new to me. So trying to figure out what I should put on my truck. I obviously want it to still look good as I will be using it as my drive around town vehicle but I also need it to work well when I take it offroading (which will be as much as possible). Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 69

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cameronrs5,
Where do you live? More importantly where will you do most of your off roading? How deep are your pockets? Do you have winter/snow?
If you're serious about off roading you need to think about all of these factors. Forged wheels are usually stronger and lighter. In most conditions a fatter tire gives better traction. Larger sidewalls allow better flotation when airing down(...a 35 x 17 will give a bigger footprint than a 35x 20...). In snow you may want a narrower tire unless you are doing deep snow when again a fat tire helps you float.
If you deal with snow more than occasionally you will want a tire with lots of siping, and 3 mountain/snowflake designation for best traction in moderate conditions.
Does road noise bother you? Can you afford new tires every 20,000 miles? Or do they need to last 50,000 or more? I'm currently on my second set of tires at 104,000 miles. I have **** Cepek Fun Country tires at present,but found them to be only so-so in the snow so will be trying Falken WildPeak AT3W's next..(my son swears by them).
There are hundreds of options. Research, think; and DO WHAT YOU WANT! It's YOUR truck...Make it what YOU want it to be.
Most importantly take it off road as often as you can!

Eddie