Which Tonneau Cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sanco

Reaction score
Hi Sanco :) Yup, just as you guessed. Aurora Sportsman's Club in Waterman. I've been a member for 10 years or so. Its pricey but its worth it to me.

haha, Aurora is nice, really nice, I just cant justify the cost right now. I almost pulled the trigger and committed to it a few years ago but I changed departments so I get more range time now.

Well maybe I'll catch ya on the range one day when I freeload off my member friends lol :biggrin::lol2:

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the responses so far. At this point, after reading posts in this thread, reading other threads, and lots of YouTube videos I'm leaning heavily towards the Retrax Pro MX. The capability to lock it shut, the fact that its sturdy aluminum, and the fact that I can open it varying amounts will be a big advantage for my uses. It seems to sit very low profile and doesn't look like some slapped on aftermarket part. It has a nice factory look. The biggest downside is that I lose a foot of bedspace but, then again, I haven't ever hauled anything in the bed of my raptor that was big enough to require the extra foot - and if I did, it would be a rare occurence. I've also only a few accounts of the Retrax leaking.
You won’t be disappointed. I have owned two different manufacturers of these types of covers for almost 20 years. The Retrax is built the best IMO. Very functional and solid. Hands down better than the other one I had. Love the fact that it can be locked in full position and you still have access to the tailgate. Essentially makes the tailgate a trunk.

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoReins

Reaction score
I have the Undercover Flex Tri-Fold on my truck, but the one downside i dont like about it. Is when i have all of the sections opened, it blocks my back window, so cant use my rear view mirror

I am probably going to get a Revolver X2 or X4 cover instead in the near future

Need4SpeedMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely, the BAK mx4 would be the way to go.

I've sold this cover for years, full truck bed access, rugged top, and updated weather stripping as of last year.

If you are still in the market for a cover, I am happy to help.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BAK MX4 for me, too. I love em, and sealing the tailgate I have really eliminated dust and leaks (the driver's side back IS a challenge). I am on my second, first was on my 2013 F150 and I used it for 4 or 5 years. I think it was actually not an MX4, but some earlier version. I upgraded to an MX4 before I bought the 2018 Raptor. My dealer told me it wouldn't fit on the Raptor, but I removed it from the 2013 F150 trade-in and it fit perfectly on the 2018 Raptor. Thrilled with myself, not so much with my dealer.

I will agree that when it's completely folded up against the cab not being able to see the bed sucks. I have considered a camera for this. When it's folded up that guarantees I am hauling something, which guarantees I probably want to keep an eye on it.

COLESLAWJAY

Reaction score
I just ordered the Retrax XR Pro. Went with the XR just so I could have the ability to add on with the T-Trax in the future if I needed to.

Jughead

Reaction score
go with diamondback. I had a trifold that started leaking after a few Ohio snows and having lived in Chicago before, snow is roughly the same in both places

Me too. I purchased a cheap cover just to get thru winter and do some research. I like how durable they are and you can load up to 1600lbs on top the HD.