Which to sell: Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a "first world problem" I need help with. I have (2) Raptors: a 2012 SVT with 65000 miles and a 2019 Raptor with 35000 miles. I no longer need both trucks so I need to part with one of them.

I LOVE the Gen 1 body but the Gen 2 has so many more options than the Gen 1. My Gen 2 is 100% fully loaded, including the Ricaro seats. Could I live without the options (blind spot detection, adaptive cruise control, front camera, digital speedometer, rear 360 degree camera, the upgraded display, etc)? Absolutely - no question. the Gen 1 doesn't have any of those options, which is fine...it has a kick-ass V8 and an awesome sounding exhaust.

What are your all thoughts? Which truck should I sell?
Need a little more information. Towing, off-roading, city or highway driving??
I prefer to tow and off road with Gen 1 but I had a front camera on my 13.. I also liked my seats better on my 13. But you have upgraded seats on your 19, so for trips, and a lot seat time, the 19 sounds better.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
So now that I am keeping the Gen 1, guess I will start searching threads for what to do to make her even more bad ass!

Here is a good start

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So now that I am keeping the Gen 1, guess I will start searching threads for what to do to make her even more bad ass!
My vote is a short course style rear with a “mid travel” kit up front.

By mid travel I mean the increased track width/travel variety and not the factory width raptor suspension (most traveled F150)